2020 Football Recruiting

In memory of Wayne Picou, this forum is dedicated to all Green Wave recruiting and signing.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Re: 2020 Football Recruiting

Unread post by Baywave1 »

Donny Z wrote:Not sure if this has been posted yet.

https://twitter.com/jremetich/status/11 ... 52353?s=21
Interesting. It will be cold. Hope he brings his mittens. MBB team plays Colorado at home on Dec 7th so timing is not a coincidence. Great basketball team and home games are awesome entertainment. He'll just need to remember it's the football team recruiting him and not Bill Self.

You'd think he'd want to watch KU and Les M. host Baylor Saturday. His playoff run is over but whatever.
long green
Cornerstone

Unread post by long green »

Josh has done some visits to other schools during the year. So have other commitments who still sound really solid, like Kevaris Hall.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

understood. I'm just amused they are bringing him in for a basketball home game instead of a football home game against a Top 15 team. On Friday night I bet they drive him to dinner in Kansas City instead of going on the town in Lawrence. It's like the tiggers taking recruits to New Orleans. (I know they used to do that back in the day but perhaps BR at night works for them now.)
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Unread post by PeteRasche »

Baywave1 wrote:
Donny Z wrote:Not sure if this has been posted yet.

https://twitter.com/jremetich/status/11 ... 52353?s=21
Interesting. It will be cold. Hope he brings his mittens. MBB team plays Colorado at home on Dec 7th so timing is not a coincidence. Great basketball team and home games are awesome entertainment. He'll just need to remember it's the football team recruiting him and not Bill Self.

You'd think he'd want to watch KU and Les M. host Baylor Saturday. His playoff run is over but whatever.
'twould be rich if the NCAA dropped the hammer on the basketball program (for all those violations they seem to have forgotten) while he was there visiting.
Marathon Wave
Regent's Circle

Unread post by Marathon Wave »

AAC Recruiting Rankings via 247: Dec. 2nd

49. Cincy (16)
53. Tulane (19)
54. UCF (19)
55. ECU (21)
60. Memphis (14)
68. USF (14)
75. Temple (17)
85. Navy (36*)
86. Tulsa (17)
93. SMU (11)
102. Houston (8)

Early Signing Day is on Dec. 18th
MOVING ON UP!
The only thing even in this world is the number of hours in a day.
The difference between winning or losing is what you do with those hours.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tjtlja »

With all this coach talk, are we hosting anyone this weekend (or is it a dead weekend)?
charlamange8
Navigator Level

Unread post by charlamange8 »

We do have recruits on campus this weekend. And with Rummel vs BR-Catholic state title game on Friday night as well. Perhaps Donovan Kaufman can just leave his stuff in a locker in the Tulane locker room...
Charles
"Wisdom and the Sword"
1998 C-USA Champions
"Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay it's price." - Sun Tzu
long green
Cornerstone

Ethan Barr and Noah Taliancich say they’re coming in this weekend and the JUCO safety/nickel back (whatever happened to “rover”?) tweeted earlier that he is visiting here too.

Justin's coming in, too.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
waverider
Cornerstone

Unread post by waverider »

Angelo Anderson from John Curtis, our highest rated recruit ever (per FTW), Tweeted this:
Senior season
Tackles- 82
Regular season -20 sacks in 10 games
Playoffs- 5 sacks in 2 games
Nothing else to prove at this level, I owned it!! Next stop #Tulane
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tjtlja »

He is going to be a terrific player. Should be 4 star.
waverider
Cornerstone

tjtlja wrote:He is going to be a terrific player. Should be 4 star.
Well, you know how that goes. If he had committed to someone like an Auburn or Ohio St he probably would be.
Tulane Greenbackers

TU23
President's Circle

Unread post by TU23 »

The only visitors we have this weekend are current commits plus CJ Harris. Next weekend is supposed to be the big weekend.
This one belongs to the Wave.
waverider
Cornerstone

We really need to flip Donovan Kaufman from Vandy. The Rummel linebacker has been making plays all night on defense, scored a rushing TD in the wildcat, stripped a punt from a returner and just had a 95 yd kickoff return for TD. I hope he really enjoys playing in Yulman.

On edit: He just secured a State Championship with an INT with a few seconds left.
Tulane Greenbackers

Wavemania
President's Circle

Unread post by Wavemania »

I said we needed to go after Kaufman hard. Smoot is another one. He actually was the brains of the defense, telling players where they neede to be and calling out what the other team was going to run based on formations. Can't believe the kicker, Vanderbrook isnt getting any serious looks. Strong leg, has good distance on FG and also punts.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

What a way to finish your high school career. Kaufman had the most consequential fourth quarter in a consequential high school game for any player I can recall (outside of QBs engineering “impossible” comebacks.)

So yeah I’m pulling for Willie and staff to flip him from Vandy.
long green
Cornerstone

Brandon Brown was another commitment in town this weekend.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Unread post by PeteRasche »

Baywave1 wrote:What a way to finish your high school career. Kaufman had the most consequential fourth quarter in a consequential high school game for any player I can recall (outside of QBs engineering “impossible” comebacks.)

For those of us not from down there and not going to try to Google it out, ya wanna explain what happened?
long green
Cornerstone

I'll summarize. He did really well and there are several Rummel alumni in local media and on this board.

Kaufman is a legit prospect and I hope we have his attention. Jimmy Smith, a regional tout, named us and us alone in a tweet as a school to watch out for. He's very good but he's not very tall. A lot of these P5 programs, pretenders as well as contenders, like the bigger frames. If he's dead set on a nice-sounding address he might hold off signing until February.
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Unread post by OGSB »

PeteRasche wrote:
Baywave1 wrote:What a way to finish your high school career. Kaufman had the most consequential fourth quarter in a consequential high school game for any player I can recall (outside of QBs engineering “impossible” comebacks.)

For those of us not from down there and not going to try to Google it out, ya wanna explain what happened?
https://crescentcitysports.com/kaufman- ... ate-title/
Victory is never permanent
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by ml wave »

long green wrote:I'll summarize. He did really well and there are several Rummel alumni in local media and on this board.

Kaufman is a legit prospect and I hope we have his attention. Jimmy Smith, a regional tout, named us and us alone in a tweet as a school to watch out for. He's very good but he's not very tall. A lot of these P5 programs, pretenders as well as contenders, like the bigger frames. If he's dead set on a nice-sounding address he might hold off signing until February.
Daniels and Trahan on the radio Saturday hinting that he'd get an offer from Baton Rouge (then talked about lack of room, speculated maybe a greyshirt). They think he'd make a heck of a RB.
long green
Cornerstone

As a running back he’d be very intriguing for us but I don’t think he’s even a greyshirt guy for LSU at that slot. They are supposed to be very much in on the reputed top back in this class.
long green
Cornerstone

long green wrote:Brandon Brown was another commitment in town this weekend.
Four more committed players visited in TE Reggie Brown, DL Elijah Champaigne and the Watts twins.

Josh Remetich visited Kansas and said the usual very good things. We’ll see if he visits here this weekend. If he doesn’t I’d expect him to go elsewhere. Would like to have him but won’t throw myself off a tall building if we don’t sign him.
long green
Cornerstone

Donovan Kaufman is blowing up. Mike Norvell just offered him for FSU. Be interesting to see where he visits this weekend and if he decides to sign next week.
TU23
President's Circle

Unread post by TU23 »

Remetich is visiting Tulane this weekend unless something changes last minute. I think he's still going to sign with us.

I'd expect the remaining commits who haven't visited officially yet are all going to visit this weekend: Remetich, Anderson, Hall, Pratt, Lombardi, Tuggle, Neely, Narcisse, Solomon.

The interesting thing is going to be who else visits. This is supposed to be the big weekend, so I'd expect anywhere between 5-10 other prospects to visit. We've always managed to have kids visit who we've either (1) never heard of or (2) thought we had no shot with prior to hearing they were visiting.

I think despite our staff's best efforts over the last two years, Kaufman is likely to get caught up in the P5 hoopla. It's a shame, too, because we've been on that kid for a LONG time.
This one belongs to the Wave.
long green
Cornerstone

TU23 wrote:Remetich is visiting Tulane this weekend unless something changes last minute. I think he's still going to sign with us.

I'd expect the remaining commits who haven't visited officially yet are all going to visit this weekend: Remetich, Anderson, Hall, Pratt, Lombardi, Tuggle, Neely, Narcisse, Solomon.

The interesting thing is going to be who else visits. This is supposed to be the big weekend, so I'd expect anywhere between 5-10 other prospects to visit. We've always managed to have kids visit who we've either (1) never heard of or (2) thought we had no shot with prior to hearing they were visiting.

I think despite our staff's best efforts over the last two years, Kaufman is likely to get caught up in the P5 hoopla. It's a shame, too, because we've been on that kid for a LONG time.
You omitted Rashad Green. Other than that you have all the commits visiting and therefore very likely signing on 12/18. If we do have 18 guys on board I’d go WR, RB, safety and wait on possible grads with a lookout for QB’s and OT’s.

If Remetich comes in I’d expect us to get him. Between the time he scheduled his visit to KU and this weekend they have not improved as an option. There were even rumors that Miles could quit after one year. I do expect him to retire after next year.