Does the new MSY Airport have an exit from I-10? or ...

Non-Tulane News Discussion-
Anything that doesn't belong on any Tulane forum sans Religious or Political discussion or debate
green4life
Coach Level

Post by green4life »

or does one have to drive on surface streets?

thanks

ERW
Celebrating over 50 years as a Tulane Fan ....
TU77CAL82
Coach Level

Re: Does the new MSY Airport have an exit from I-10? or ..

Post by TU77CAL82 »

Exit I-10 at Loyola Dr. You get on the airport access road once Loyola crosses Vets. Flyovers from I-10 are in design/construction. About 2 years off.
CT Wave
Coach Level

Post by CT Wave »

Who could have imagined that a new airport might benefit from easy access? Only two years away if the schedule holds.
"You're not here on scholarship to lose. I didn't recruit you to lose. Losing is abnormal; losing is unusual; losing is unacceptable. That's not what we're here for."
Bob Knight
TU77CAL82
Coach Level

Post by TU77CAL82 »

On the bright side - yesterday, the second busiest travel day of the year, everything apparently went smoothly.
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

When my daughter and I went to Pittsburgh a week & a 1/2 ago, my wife drove us to the new airport (for the 1st time obviously) and basically just followed the signs to get to the terminal. Have to give a big :thumbsup: to the planners on how excellent the signage was to get you to the airport quickly and the with the least amount of anxeity. Of course it was approximately 5AM and with a minimal amount of traffic, but still great planning by the builders.

Fan since '54
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

Fan Since '54 wrote:When my daughter and I went to Pittsburgh a week & a 1/2 ago, my wife drove us to the new airport (for the 1st time obviously) and basically just followed the signs to get to the terminal. Have to give a big :thumbsup: to the planners on how excellent the signage was to get you to the airport quickly and the with the least amount of anxeity. Of course it was approximately 5AM and with a minimal amount of traffic, but still great planning by the builders.

Fan since '54
So things went well for you 1) when you had somebody to drive you & 2) When you were going before anybody was awake,when you were going before anybody was awake, And suddenly that experience gives you the confidence to declare they did an “AMAZING” job?!?! Good grief.

I haven’t even been yet so I will refrain on a verdict Because I’m equally unqualified to render one
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

I just hope there is a Lyft driver working late on Xmas night to get us Uptown
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

I flew in and out a couple weekends ago. It's a beautiful airport. I especially appreciated the separate line at security for travelers with kids/strollers. Did options are solid. I picked up some Broccato's cannoli on my way out.
The pickup area is a shîtshow. There is a side for Uber/Lyft and then the cabs are mixed in with the regular traffic. And they just sit and block spots. Also, there are no moving sidewalks in the airport. My gate was as far away as possible and it was hike. Not a problem for me, but anyone with mobility issues better be getting a cart.
Cell phone lot is very convenient. In and out wasn't bad, but I wasn't at peak times either.
Really, who would have thought they would need better off ramp before the airport opened? I mean I know it sprang up out of nowhere ahead of schedule and all...
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
CT Wave
Coach Level

Post by CT Wave »

CT Wave wrote:Who could have imagined that a new airport might benefit from easy access? Only two years away if the schedule holds.
Novel thought.
"You're not here on scholarship to lose. I didn't recruit you to lose. Losing is abnormal; losing is unusual; losing is unacceptable. That's not what we're here for."
Bob Knight
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

My airport review: all nice and shiny (as you'd expect) but weirdly cramped...not a lot of room for dropoff, the ticket counter area seems much smaller than before; once through security, the walking area is too narrow by 2-3 feet on each side with the restaurants/retail in the middle. Pickup (non-Uber division) is a disaster with cops stopping traffic constantly for pedestrians (if you're going to spend $1B, can't we get some way to have traffic flow?). At least my luggage didn't get lost, and the breakfast tacos at Mondo were really good.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

My pick up was fast as hell coming home but I had to wait on the plane 20 minutes for maintenance to fix the motor on the jetway. I was impressed with the patience of my fellow passengers; not one peep (I resorted to cannibalism instantly).
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Post by GretnaGrn »

long green wrote:My pick up was fast as hell coming home but I had to wait on the plane 20 minutes for maintenance to fix the motor on the jetway. I was impressed with the patience of my fellow passengers; not one peep (I resorted to cannibalism instantly).
doncecco
President's Circle

Post by doncecco »

Our arrival at midnight 12/23 was jammed outside baggage claim - even though the terminal was empty at that point.

But dropping off my son early on 12/26 was easy peasy - even the Loyola exit which I thought would be a nightmare from my days living in Kennuh, bruh.
Bring home da Wave!
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

doncecco wrote:Our arrival at midnight 12/23 was jammed outside baggage claim - even though the terminal was empty at that point.

But dropping off my son early on 12/26 was easy peasy - even the Loyola exit which I thought would be a nightmare from my days living in Kennuh, bruh.
Xmas night was the same way, doncecco... terminal was dead but baggage claim was packed... a Lyft to Uptown was $61.. so we took a cab for the flat rate of $15 per person X3... I absolutely LOVE the food options... in the B concourse we ate at Emeril's which was right across from the American gates. They also have Shake Shack right past security. Security was a breeze on the way out.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

Leaving early on the 26th was easy peasy and so was returning late on the 8th.
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

WaveProf wrote:Leaving early on the 26th was easy peasy and so was returning late on the 8th.
yeah, but was your luggage on your plane when you left? Big story on the news while we were in NO from the 25th through 29th was the fact luggage wasn't making it onto planes because of some conveyor belt issues... fortunately, they had it working fine the day we left!
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

We didn't pay to take checked baggage, showed up late for our flight, were offered free checked baggage (for all 3 flights over) and two we checked made it just fine.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

doncecco wrote:Our arrival at midnight 12/23 was jammed outside baggage claim - even though the terminal was empty at that point.

I use the Loyola exit daily and my biggest fear was that I’d have to start exiting at Williams but so far it hasn’t been as bad as expected. The first week was bad enough for me to consider moving, but they redid the lanes at the exit and so far, there’s a little back up at the Williams overpass but most days there isn’t much delay. (My travel times are 6-6:15am and 3-4pm most days so I’m beating the peak traffic times)
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

WaveProf wrote:Leaving early on the 26th was easy peasy and so was returning late on the 8th.
So I see your experience was pretty much the same as mine a week and a half later yet you ripped my post as being unqualified? Imagine that. :roll:

Fan since '54
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

Fan Since '54 wrote:
So I see your experience was pretty much the same as mine a week and a half later yet you ripped my post as being unqualified? Imagine that. :roll:

Fan since '54

I didn't give a verdict, just reported my experience for more anecdotal evidence. That's a HUGE difference.

Meanwhile, you had several other factors that made your trip deviate from the norm.

It isn't always what one says, it is sometimes simply how one says it :coolshades: :angel: :angel:
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

That’s a new one. I did sleep passed out overnight under the Superdome sign in my college days but was fully clothed.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

Too bad she looks nothing like the Sofia with the same surname. :lol:

She "pulled on a dress but it was too short to cover her genitals" and she was wearing no underwear... classy lady...

Gotta wonder what chemicals Ms. Vergara was on at the time.