Tulane vs UCF through the eyes of a 4 year old

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Tulane vs UCF through the eyes of a 4 year old

Unread post by NJwave »

Jake called the Temple game so I figured I would get his predictions and the keys to the game against UCF. Jake pointed out that UCF is dead last in the league in 3 point percentage and 10th in scoring offense. It’s his belief that their poor shooting along with some increased energy in the building should allow us to run a little more and get some easy buckets. He knows we must rebound and says that if Zhang and Days combine for at least 9 rebounds we win.

Initially, he called for a rout and the game to be over at the ten minute mark (mainly because that is about his bedtime). I told him he could stay up later as long as he explained to his mother that Tulane is on and they need him. He is now calling for a tight game with the Wave pulling ahead late to win by 10.

Here is to hoping the kid stays hot and his opinion on Tulsa will mean something.

Thank you all for indulging him.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Re: Tulane vs UCF through the eyes of a 4 year old

Unread post by PeteRasche »

Can Jake be basketball's "Baseball Brit"? :mrgreen:

Scratch that... shortly after "Baseball Brit" started following Tulane, the football team started losing. :coolshades:
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Johnny Mac »

the thing that worries me about a team struggling from 3 is them "getting healthy" against our zone... we did a GREAT job of limiting Temple's open looks beyond the arc.. if that continues, we should handle UCF.

The one thing I have loved all year about this team is the opponent has no idea whom to stop... Hightower is the leading scorer.. stop him..OK, then here comes Lawson with 20+.. shut down Lawson and Hightower, here comes Thompson with 20+... last game, Jordan Walker was nearly unstoppable. One game, Nic Thomas is going to explode for a bunch. Against Cincy, it was Zhang... that kind of balance makes it really hard to focus and play defense against us.

I hope the student section is packed tonight and some of our non student fan base comes out and makes it loud!
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Unread post by gerryb323 »

Let's get Jake a YouTube channel!
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Unread post by NJwave »

Johnny Mac wrote:the thing that worries me about a team struggling from 3 is them "getting healthy" against our zone... we did a GREAT job of limiting Temple's open looks beyond the arc.. if that continues, we should handle UCF.

The one thing I have loved all year about this team is the opponent has no idea whom to stop... Hightower is the leading scorer.. stop him..OK, then here comes Lawson with 20+.. shut down Lawson and Hightower, here comes Thompson with 20+... last game, Jordan Walker was nearly unstoppable. One game, Nic Thomas is going to explode for a bunch. Against Cincy, it was Zhang... that kind of balance makes it really hard to focus and play defense against us.

I hope the student section is packed tonight and some of our non student fan base comes out and makes it loud!
I’m with you. I always get nervous that the other team is going to get hot against the zone like St. Louis did. I do wish when that is the case that we would play some man to man. When we are more active in the zone, the shots do seem to be more contested. It just isn’t the case for 40 minutes which is somewhat understandable given the minutes these guys are playing.

I was fascinated by the discussion during the Temple game that the only freshman under Hunter to play more than Days were Paul George and R.J. Hunter. High praise and kind of tells you that he likes playing experienced guys. It does give me hope that some of the frosh can play, but he just doesn’t believe in playing freshman.
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Unread post by GretnaGrn »

NJwave wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:the thing that worries me about a team struggling from 3 is them "getting healthy" against our zone... we did a GREAT job of limiting Temple's open looks beyond the arc.. if that continues, we should handle UCF.

I’m with you. I always get nervous that the other team is going to get hot against the zone like St. Louis did. I do wish when that is the case that we would play some man to man. When we are more active in the zone, the shots do seem to be more contested. It just isn’t the case for 40 minutes which is somewhat understandable given the minutes these guys are playing.

I was fascinated by the discussion during the Temple game that the only freshman under Hunter to play more than Days were Paul George and R.J. Hunter. High praise and kind of tells you that he likes playing experienced guys. It does give me hope that some of the frosh can play, but he just doesn’t believe in playing freshman.
And he has the luxury of upperclassmen transfers who are legit. I think the current freshmen, if they stick around (and Hunter seems to be a good salesman, so hopefully the ones he wants do), will come out the gates looking very good next year.
austxwave
Navigator Level

Unread post by austxwave »

NJwave wrote:Jake called the Temple game so I figured I would get his predictions and the keys to the game against UCF. Jake pointed out that UCF is dead last in the league in 3 point percentage and 10th in scoring offense. It’s his belief that their poor shooting along with some increased energy in the building should allow us to run a little more and get some easy buckets. He knows we must rebound and says that if Zhang and Days combine for at least 9 rebounds we win.

Initially, he called for a rout and the game to be over at the ten minute mark (mainly because that is about his bedtime). I told him he could stay up later as long as he explained to his mother that Tulane is on and they need him. He is now calling for a tight game with the Wave pulling ahead late to win by 10.

Here is to hoping the kid stays hot and his opinion on Tulsa will mean something.

Can I get Jake's picks for the Super Bowl?
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Unread post by NJwave »

austxwave wrote:
NJwave wrote:Jake called the Temple game so I figured I would get his predictions and the keys to the game against UCF. Jake pointed out that UCF is dead last in the league in 3 point percentage and 10th in scoring offense. It’s his belief that their poor shooting along with some increased energy in the building should allow us to run a little more and get some easy buckets. He knows we must rebound and says that if Zhang and Days combine for at least 9 rebounds we win.

Can I get Jake's picks for the Super Bowl?
I thought football ends when the Saints are eliminated. Thus, I'm taking your post to be a trick question.
austxwave
Navigator Level

True Dat!
Roller
Cornerstone

Unread post by Roller »

Does Jake have a pet octopus?
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Unread post by NJwave »

Roller wrote:Does Jake have a pet octopus?
:-D

Each of my kids have a stuffed version of Riptide which I highly recommend for young kids (blatant attempt for an endorsement deal). They sit next to us when we watch the game as a good luck charm. I made them throw away the stuffed Tigers my mother-in-law bought them (and came this close to throwing her away as well). Although, I do hear the Tulane law school might carry them.
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

as I feared.. UCF red hot from 3

where the fk is everybody? Entire side behind the benches is empty.. students treating Devlin like the library
purplehaz3
Navigator Level

Unread post by purplehaz3 »

Johnny Mac wrote:as I feared.. UCF red hot from 3

where the fk is everybody? Entire side behind the benches is empty.. students treating Devlin like the library
We are down by 15 after 10 min. The students aren't coming unless we show some consistency over a longer period than a few games. It will take a while.
austxwave
Navigator Level

Where the heck is Jake? Pick it up Jake! Don't let me down.
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

what an atrocious excuse for an effort for 20 minutes... I only hope shooting at a different rim changes things because that was an Ed Conroy-esque first half.. 8 minutes without a basket... and we went 5+ before that.. so basically two hoops in 13 minutes

I hope Hunter bans everyone from the locker room except the guys who sat on the bench
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Unread post by wavedom »

There are plenty of students here. They sit on the opposite side. Many are sitting in the chair backs above the student section.
We deserve so much better
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tjtlja »

Laying a huge egg.

First off we lose our Jett
Second was the disaster that was last night
Third on the list is tonight - as I write this, we are 11-44 from the field - a whopping 25%

I guess the administration and students were too hungover after celebrating last night - traitors - looks like we have about 500 people in the gym

Do things really happen in 3’s? I sure hope so

And it is only Tuesday!
waverider
Cornerstone

Unread post by waverider »

If he’s still watching down 30 I’m calling someone for child abuse. I don’t think Ed Conroy lost by 30 in a conference game.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Unread post by TUPF »

Down 30 now. As Roberto Duran said...”no mas...no mas”.

I’m thinking about when Coach Herb Brooke made his players skate after a Soviet beatdown before the Lake Placid Olympics until they puked.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Unread post by NJwave »

Pathetic performance.
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Unread post by OGSB »

UCF wins, 74-55
Victory is never permanent
waverider
Cornerstone

Unread post by waverider »

They must have been partying with the law school all night on Bourbon
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Unread post by NJwave »

Trying to find any positives. Days played well again. McGee and Russell look athletic, but McGee had no idea of his responsibilities in the zone which is why he has not played much. We are so much better when we try to get to the rim or drive and kick. Just brutal watching guys force shots all night.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tjtlja »

And that scumbag up the river is 4-0.

Anyone want to start talking baseball?
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Unread post by NJwave »

Jake would be much better at forecasting wins if I had gone to Duke. Although, they did lose to Clemson.