Boise State Sues Mountain West Conference

For Discussion of Conference & Conference Teams other than Tulane
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Re: Boise State Sues Mountain West Conference

Post by WaveProf »

Hows this, adding BYU and Boise would be adding two of the top FOUR brands in the minds of the ESPN suits. I think that is a pretty fair statement.
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

As I said above, if ESPN thinks it's worth it, it will happen. If they don't, it won't. And thus far, it hasn't.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

PeteRasche wrote:As I said above, if ESPN thinks it's worth it, it will happen. If they don't, it won't. And thus far, it hasn't.
If ESPN doesn't think something is worth it, they'll stop it.

That doesn't mean they can always make things happen. They aren't quite 100% in control yet. Close, and getting there, but not 100%. If they were we'd have 4 conferences with 20 teams each (only slightly joking).
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

You can cancel your bus ticket to Boise to attend the BSU-Tulane game in 202? (probably.)

However all is still not lovey dovey in Mountain football land. SDSU voted against the reported settlement.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sp ... 020-02-06/
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

Baywave1 wrote:You can cancel your bus ticket to Boise to attend the BSU-Tulane game in 202? (probably.)

However all is still not lovey dovey in Mountain football land. SDSU voted against the reported settlement.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sp ... 020-02-06/
Link broken. I assume it says BSU not moving.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

Not exactly but more likely to stay now than not.

If you want to read the story because link won't work, google "San Diego Tribune" and it will give you links to paper and its sports section. BSU story is/was at top of story list.
Roller
Cornerstone

Post by Roller »

Baywave1 wrote:Not exactly but more likely to stay now than not.

If you want to read the story because link won't work, google "San Diego Tribune" and it will give you links to paper and its sports section. BSU story is/was at top of story list.
It appears that they may have taken the story down for some reason. I went to the paper's site, sports section, and searched for "Boise State" and (separately) for "Mountain West Conference." I got the article that says BSU had filed a suit, but nothing about a reported settlement.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

Perhaps the Broncos brass reached out to the AAC and realized there was nothing there and they possibly had talks with other leagues about its non-revenue sports. Sending basketball, track, swimming, volleyball and other sports to the WAC or Big Sky would be a huge setback and those coaches, specifically Leon Rice would not like that.
Not valuable enough to ESPN...
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

Don't know why I can access it (not a paysite for at least initial view through google) and some of you cannot. Regardless here are parts of interest by writer who covers SDSU issues.

"What doesn’t change, however, is the basic dispute. Boise State will continue to receive $1.8 million per year in addition to what everyone else in the conference gets through 2025-26. And the rest of the conference will continue to fight for equitable distribution after that.

San Diego State has been among the strongest voices opposing a Boise State carve-out, and President Adela de la Torre is believed to have cast a dissenting vote against reversing the December decision that would have ended it."