Basketball Recruiting Info

In memory of Wayne Picou, this forum is dedicated to all Green Wave recruiting and signing.
gkinler
Rookie

Re: Basketball Recruiting Info

Post by gkinler »

I thought Hot Rod went to St. Amant?

doc
Coach Level

Post by doc »

I think you are right - My bad - I think it was Lawrence “Jody” Nelson that went there, but I could be wrong about that too.

randymc
President's Circle

Post by randymc »

Ryan Murphy the Pitt transfer who chose Tulane as a grad student has decided to play pro ball and will leave Tulane, J. Rothstein reports. so...Wave does have an open scholarship now.

angrywavedad
Breaker Level

Post by angrywavedad »

randymc wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:25 pm
Ryan Murphy the Pitt transfer who chose Tulane as a grad student has decided to play pro ball and will leave Tulane, J. Rothstein reports. so...Wave does have an open scholarship now.
Just listened to a short interview with Coach Hunter on the “Current” podcast. He basically said Murphy realized that he wasn’t going to get much playing time so he tapped out.

ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

angrywavedad wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:28 am
randymc wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:25 pm
Just listened to a short interview with Coach Hunter on the “Current” podcast. He basically said Murphy realized that he wasn’t going to get much playing time so he tapped out.
You're not dumping me, I'm dumping you!

PeteRasche
Emerald Circle

Post by PeteRasche »

Interesting that a 5th year senior with experience playing (even starting) against very high-level collegiate competition was not expecting to get much playing time. Hopefully that is a comment on the talent Hunter has this year and not a comment on Hunter "playing favorites".

angrywavedad
Breaker Level

Post by angrywavedad »

PeteRasche wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:25 am
Interesting that a 5th year senior with experience playing (even starting) against very high-level collegiate competition was not expecting to get much playing time. Hopefully that is a comment on the talent Hunter has this year and not a comment on Hunter "playing favorites".
I’d recommend listening and drawing your own conclusions but to me it really sounded like it was the younger players were legitimately ahead of him.

ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

angrywavedad wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:36 am
PeteRasche wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:25 am
I’d recommend listening and drawing your own conclusions but to me it really sounded like it was the younger players were legitimately ahead of him.
With the caveat of not having listened to it, it reads to me like a coach brushing off the loss as no big deal and something that I'd take with a giant grain of salt. It's not like he'd come out and say "he'd rather go get paid overseas than sit around in school with the uncertainty that we'd even have a season. this will be a really big loss for the team, I'm not sure how we'll replace his shooting (or whatever)".

doc
Coach Level

Post by doc »

There are still some good, productive grad transfers available. I would not be surprised if one ended up at Tulane.

Baywave1
Regent's Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

For those who like to watch the clock on potential transfers to be eligible this fall, last official day to "confirm enrollment" is Aug 25th. Last day to register/add classes is September 4th. With all the online instruction and presumably all instruction being digitized where possible, I'd guess Hunter could get a waiver on the first date but the second one is presumably a firm deadline.

https://registrar.tulane.edu/academic-calendar

doc
Coach Level

Post by doc »

Tulane has offered 2022 4* 6-4 195# SG Cody Richardson. He is from South Carolina and has offers from Clemson and Murray State. He is attending a prep school in Canada.