Priest Threesome

Non-Tulane News Discussion-
Anything that doesn't belong on any Tulane forum sans Religious or Political discussion or debate
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Priest Threesome

Unread post by WaveProf »

A north shore priest has been arrested along with two women for having a threesome on the altar of the church

A passer by stopped, saw it through the window, recorded it on his/her phone, and called the cops (wanna bet they watched a while first?)

The altar has been burned in public

Not quite sure how they justify the arrest, though certainly should end his priesthood

You can't make this stuff up

My wife and I made Skyline Five-ways last night in their honor

https://www.nola.com/news/crime_police/ ... 1d69a.html
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Re: Priest Threesome

Unread post by PeteRasche »

DUDE. The story is terrible enough but the five-way joke? :shock:
WaveProf
Cornerstone

PeteRasche wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:49 am DUDE. The story is terrible enough but the five-way joke? :shock:
Oh, it's not a joke. We made five ways. The second we read the story, we thawed the last bit of chili out of our freezer :angel:
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Unread post by TUPF »

Wow. I never thought I'd hear a story that surpassed one of my old Navy bosses accidentally (autoerotic asphyxiation) offing himself hanging from his garage rafters while wearing women's underwear. At least no desecration was involved and he was flying solo. Naval Investigative Service turned up that both he and his wife were swingers with folks from the local Air Force base while our boat was in overhaul in Portsmouth, NH.

I also had an old shipmate who some years after leaving the Navy and getting a law degree, systematically murdered his wife and two young kids. He's serving life in Connecticut.

Both were Naval Academy graduates, supposedly the best of the best. :shock: I relayed both of those true stories to my fellow jurors while I was jury foreman back in January to illustrate the point than anyone is capable of anything.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
krewe of ham and eggs
President's Circle

Unread post by krewe of ham and eggs »

Everyone calling him Father when he prefers to go by Daddy
AnY iMaGeS yOu PoRtRaY wIlL bE rEpReSeNtAtIvE oF tHe TeAm YoU sUpPoRt
waverider
Cornerstone

Unread post by waverider »

krewe of ham and eggs wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:07 am Everyone calling him Father when he prefers to go by Daddy
:lol:

I don’t know if I agree with the police involvement except maybe arresting the peeping Tom who video voyeured them. Sounds like they handle these things in-house and can just “bless” the sinful act away. They don’t mind taking money from production companies to film murder scenes in churches and I would think that ranks higher on their list of by-laws.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
WaveProf
Cornerstone

I'm concerned with the precedent this sets for what constitutes "public sex." A married couple with the drapes accidentally slightly askew? A couple on a deserted road in the backseat of a car with tinted windows?

At the end of the day, the location was utterly inappropriate and offensive, but I don't think it should be illegal. Maybe a misdemeanor for the priest who organized for unauthorized use or something, if some kind of law similar to that even exists.

He certainly should be taken out of the public sphere (which he already has been), and likely defrocked (which they are considering).
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Unread post by TUPF »

To do: hang curtains.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

WaveProf wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:52 am
PeteRasche wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:49 am DUDE. The story is terrible enough but the five-way joke? :shock:
Oh, it's not a joke. We made five ways. The second we read the story, we thawed the last bit of chili out of our freezer :angel:
The desecration of adding beans to otherwise perfect chili. I stick with 4 ways (or 3 if concerned about onion breath).

Meanwhile, this story led to a discussion between my wife and I. What was the window situation? Huge open window where anyone passing by would see in? Or was the person who caught them snooping? Or did they hear sounds that drew them to look? Was the church open to the public at the time? I'd think that would have bearing on whether there was a crime or not.

(I admittedly didn't read the article, maybe that's in there...)
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Pete--I agree those are all relevant questions, and having read several articles I only have answers to two of them, and even those are from indirect quotes, so not 100% solid. It is my understanding that the window was small, a single clear pane, and that the doors were locked.
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Unread post by TUPF »

I was not blessed with the gift of faith, to paraphrase Tom Hanks but even so, the church is in a no win situation with this one. Arguing that this an intrusion and therefore unwarranted breach of privacy will look like a cover up of something pretty sordid. Arguing it was some sort of crime will give the rock throwers plenty to work with.

Us secular folks would be quickly fired for engaging in sex at the office but it wouldn't rise to the level of arrest.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

The easy answer is to defrock the guy and be done with it. But, ya know, if he's really repentant...

Sadly it's far from the worst thing that has been done by Catholic priests and some of them weren't really punished. And in terms of it being something that the public could forgive, it's probably considered more "acceptable" (using that term VERY relatively) than the other stuff.
BACONWAVE
Navigator Level

Unread post by BACONWAVE »

Welp.....something definitely came up before confession.......those two women got a standing ovation..... :lol:
low hanging fruit.......or was it?
You're killin' me Smalls!!!
SlidellWave
Coach Level

Unread post by SlidellWave »

PeteRasche wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:47 pm
WaveProf wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:52 am
The desecration of adding beans to otherwise perfect chili. I stick with 4 ways (or 3 if concerned about onion breath).

Meanwhile, this story led to a discussion between my wife and I. What was the window situation? Huge open window where anyone passing by would see in? Or was the person who caught them snooping? Or did they hear sounds that drew them to look? Was the church open to the public at the time? I'd think that would have bearing on whether there was a crime or not.

(I admittedly didn't read the article, maybe that's in there...)

I can ask all of thsos questions to my grandmother, it was her church.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by ml wave »

PeteRasche wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:29 pm The easy answer is to defrock the guy and be done with it. But, ya know, if he's really repentant...

Sadly it's far from the worst thing that has been done by Catholic priests and some of them weren't really punished. And in terms of it being something that the public could forgive, it's probably considered more "acceptable" (using that term VERY relatively) than the other stuff.
What's really telling is the quote from Aymond (the for-now Archbishop) on this matter:
"His behavior was obscene. The desecration of this church and the altar is demonic -- demonic," Aymond said from the pulpit. "There is no excuse for what took place here. It is sinful, and it is totally unacceptable. Travis has been unfaithful to his vocation, he has violated his commitment to celibacy and also he was using that which was holy to do demonic things."
Contrasted with how he handled the recent "other stuff":

https://www.nola.com/news/article_883a9 ... 93fcb.html
long green
Cornerstone

Unread post by long green »

The contrast has escaped no one.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by ml wave »

long green wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:34 am The contrast has escaped no one.
Figured those out of town might not be following as closely.
waverider
Cornerstone

WaveProf wrote:
He certainly should be taken out of the public sphere (which he already has been), and likely defrocked (which they are considering).
If it were two 12 year old boys he’d just be moved to a different church.
Tulane Greenbackers

waverider
Cornerstone

WaveProf wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:35 pm Pete--I agree those are all relevant questions, and having read several articles I only have answers to two of them, and even those are from indirect quotes, so not 100% solid. It is my understanding that the window was small, a single clear pane, and that the doors were locked.
One story I saw said the peeping Tom noticed that a light was on and decided to take a look. It doesn’t say however, if the time between him noticing it and the time he called the police was 15 minutes :wink:
Tulane Greenbackers

ml wave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by ml wave »

waverider wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:58 pm
WaveProf wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:35 pm Pete--I agree those are all relevant questions, and having read several articles I only have answers to two of them, and even those are from indirect quotes, so not 100% solid. It is my understanding that the window was small, a single clear pane, and that the doors were locked.
One story I saw said the peeping Tom noticed that a light was on and decided to take a look. It doesn’t say however, if the time between him noticing it and the time he called the police was 15 minutes :wink:
Believe it was a she...not sure about the length of time.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

waverider wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:53 pm
WaveProf wrote:
Ever heard the Fred LeBlanc song "Little Boys Who Tell"? Surprisingly I can't find any clips of it on the intarwebs but it's appropriate here...
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Unread post by GretnaGrn »

waverider wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:53 pm
WaveProf wrote:
Like his immediate predecessor in THE SAME PARISH?

(In all fairness, the predecessor was removed from ministry, supposedly forever, after confessing to a molestation long ago after very dubious text messages to an underage person were found, but still....)