Juju or whatever for game 6 or whatever--UCF

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Juju or whatever for game 6 or whatever--UCF

Post by WaveProf »

I'm skeptical that someone else starting this thread will make anything different happen, but you can't keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

So post your pictures and trinkets here, or whatever, or not.
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Re: Juju or whatever for game 6 or whatever--UCF

Post by Fan Since '54 »

Go ahead prof, but REMEMBER---YOU used the word juju in the title, something I have not done for years. And beware, forewarned is forearmed. They will jump on you when the Wave doesn't win...although probably not as much as me. And if you ever decide to "give up the ghost" on these threads, I will gladly return to do my best at helping support the Wave, as I have done for 66 years.

Fan since '54
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

My personal belief is that any thread such as this is likely to cause a loss. If we lose to UCF next week, the floor is yours. I'll never start one of these again. Unlike some, I don't want to be part of actively causing us to lose. But as a man who believes in science, I thought it worth at least experimenting. Knowing that your juju thread, which you would inevitably have started, would have guaranteed a loss, I decided that maybe, just maybe, a juju-vibrations thread started by a different person would result in a different result on the field. It isn't a hypothesis I really believe in, but desperate times call for desperate measures. The proof will be in next Saturday's pudding in Orlando.

Sometimes when you think you know what the center of the doughnut is you overlook other evidence because of your own assumptions. And yes, what FS54 does every week seems at first glance to fill that hole perfectly. A doughnut hole in the doughnut's hole. But we must look a little closer. And when we do, we may see that the doughnut hole has a hole in its center - it is not a doughnut hole at all but a smaller doughnut with its own hole, and our doughnut is not whole at all! Next week will be the test of that.
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

Prof, you told me not so long ago that you did NOT believe that a thread on a message board could cause a team to lose. What made you change your mind? And what would happen if a post similar to this one were to be posted on UCF's message board? Who would lose?

Fan since '54
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

Fan Since '54 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:59 pm Prof, you told me not so long ago that you did NOT believe that a thread on a message board could cause a team to lose. What made you change your mind?
Hath the evidence on the field not also convinced you over time?
Fan Since '54 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:59 pm And what would happen if a post similar to this one were to be posted on UCF's message board? Who would lose?
Well, as I remember, when a FS '54 started similar threads on opponents boards, we won. That hypothesis has already been tested. If you would like to go to UCF's board and post a thread to help us win, I'm sure we'd all be indebted. You could do that every week, to help Tulane succeed. Yet, for some reason, you always post them here, guaranteeing a lack of success!
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Post by wavedom »

Fan Since '54 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:29 pm Go ahead prof, but REMEMBER---YOU used the word juju in the title, something I have not done for years. And beware, forewarned is forearmed. They will jump on you when the Wave doesn't win...although probably not as much as me. And if you ever decide to "give up the ghost" on these threads, I will gladly return to do my best at helping support the Wave, as I have done for 66 years.

Fan since '54

'54 you are correct. Start your good vibrations thread. Lord knows we need it.
We deserve so much better
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

FYI, for everyone here...I never, NEVER started any "juju" or "vibrations" thread on any other message board but this one. Although someone else started one on another team's message board. But enough said about that. Although I have an account on a Pittsburgh Penguins message board with a similar name.

Fan since '54
krewe of ham and eggs
President's Circle

Post by krewe of ham and eggs »

Fan Since '54 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:11 pm FYI, for everyone here...I never, NEVER started any "juju" or "vibrations" thread on any other message board but this one. Although someone else started one on another team's message board. But enough said about that. Although I have an account on a Pittsburgh Penguins message board with a similar name.

Fan since '54
Cool story, bro
AnY iMaGeS yOu PoRtRaY wIlL bE rEpReSeNtAtIvE oF tHe TeAm YoU sUpPoRt
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

Saw this online somewhere
The Knights have recorded at least 630 yards in three of four games this year.
Tulsa the only team to have figured them out
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

Tulsa figured them out? Hmm. Strange. They have never exactly been known for their tenecious D. And less we forget, we put up 62 (finally got that number on the right side of the scoreboard :roll: ) on them in '17.

Fan since '54
Last edited by Fan Since '54 on Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

Tulsa may be very good this year. They also figured out Oklahoma State. The virus has limited them to two games. And looking at the way the virus in trending, they may only play 6-7 games. Like someone said last week on this forum, no one does more with less than Tulsa. I hope their kids get a chance to show how good they may be.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

Tulsa has their number like Navy and SMU have ours. They have beaten UCF something like 8 of the last 9 times they’ve played.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

WaveProf wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:08 am I'm skeptical that someone else starting this thread will make anything different happen, but you can't keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

So post your pictures and trinkets here, or whatever, or not.
Hero
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

Want to be radical, post your picture and name.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

tjtlja wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:32 am Want to be radical, post your picture and name.
I guess I've been a radical since I joined the board. :wink:
(I'm the tallest guy in the center of the back row)
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

One thing the detractors of these threads seem to forget is that in the last two years, Tulane has qualified for bowl games and won both of those games. It's not like Tulane gone winless for two consecutive years. That is what is called selective memory.

Roll Wave, Beat the Knights!

Fan since '54
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

Fan Since '54 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:59 am One thing the detractors of these threads seem to forget is that in the last two years, Tulane has qualified for bowl games and won both of those games. It's not like Tulane gone winless for two consecutive years. That is what is called selective memory.

Fan since '54
For almost every win somebody has had to take drastic measures to undo the juju. For instance, what we are attempting in this thread…
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

Prof, have you not been paying attention? I dispensed with the word "juju" several years ago and began using "Good Vibrations". Have you simply not noticed this or chose to not notice it?

Editing here: Why would you have to "undo the juju" after a win?

Fan since '54
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

wavedom
Regent's Circle

Post by wavedom »

Fan Since '54 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:59 am One thing the detractors of these threads seem to forget is that in the last two years, Tulane has qualified for bowl games and won both of those games. It's not like Tulane gone winless for two consecutive years. That is what is called selective memory.

Fan since '54

Way to burn them '54.
We deserve so much better
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

This must be what Dr. Fauci feels like.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

How sweet would it be to see Dr.Fauci debate Donald Trump this week? Trump is upset the Nats asked Fauci to throw out the first pitch.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

Fan Since '54 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:29 am
Editing here: Why would you have to "undo the juju" after a win?

Fan since '54
It's been undone BEFORE wins. Either by me posting pictures of the opposing team. FS '54 posting on opponent's message boards. ML Wave posting the poll on here undoing the juju of the juju threads. etc

Almost every single Tulane win during the dark times of your juju threads has been linked to a specific undoing of your juju prior to kickoff.

But this has all been explained to you, scientifically, ad nauseum. At this point it must either be (1) willful ignorance trying to disguise your intention to destroy TU football (or) (2) an uncontrollable obsession with ju ju threads that pushes you to start threads you know in advance will cause your favorite team to lose.

Some would propose a third option--that you are a closet LSU fan trying to doom Tulane. But I respect you too much for that, I take you at your word that you root for Tulane. So I'll rule that option out!