Cedric Richmond to be on Biden's staff

Discuss today what is happening on campus non-athletically; departments, non-athletic facilities, professors, recognitions and issues. No athletics allowed.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Cedric Richmond to be on Biden's staff

Post by PeteRasche »

"Director of the Office of Public Engagement"

Law school class of 1998, and starting guard (along with Carter Nichols) on my championship intramural basketball team in 1996 and 1997. :mrgreen:

Try as I might, I couldn't get him on my intramural softball team (he played college baseball in undergrad and is well-known as the pitcher every year for the Dems in the Congressional baseball game).

Not trying to make this political, so no need for anyone to comment. Just mentioning that a Tulane Law grad is going to be in a very high-up position, so good for him.
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Re: Cedric Richmond to be on Biden's staff

Post by Yankeewave »

Bidens daughter was also at tulane when i was.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

And an early frontrunner to replace him in congress (and current candidate for DA, and current NO councelman) is former TU football player Jason Williams.

All politics aside, it's nice to see Tulane represented locally.
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

WaveProf wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:11 pm And an early frontrunner to replace him in congress (and current candidate for DA, and current NO councelman) is former TU football player Jason Williams.

Also in undergrad and law school with me! I saw him this past Mardi Gras and was able to say hi when his float stopped right in front of us briefly.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

WaveProf wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:11 pm And an early frontrunner to replace him in congress (and current candidate for DA, and current NO councelman) is former TU football player Jason Williams.

Believe he played baseball (2B) not football.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

ml wave wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:49 am Believe he played baseball (2B) not football.
That's what I found when I googled too, but I swear to my highest memory that he told me football when I met him the first time he campaigned for city council. Did he also walk on for football and not play? Did I misunderstand? Do I mis-remember? I can't answer which.
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

I remember seeing him in the Wilson building and I thought he was playing football but I don't recall well enough to say for sure.

FWIW his Wikipedia page says attended Tulane on a football scholarship.