Deion Sanders says Jackson State locker room, office robbed during game

Non-Tulane Sports Discussion
Anything that doesn't belong on the main YOGWF Sports forums e.g. Saints, Hornets, BC$, High School, etc.
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Deion Sanders says Jackson State locker room, office robbed during game

Unread post by OGSB »

Victory is never permanent
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Re: Deion Sanders says Jackson State locker room, office robbed during game

Unread post by gerryb323 »

It's like the wild west out there :coolshades:

Also: burgled. Sorry not sorry
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Unread post by WaveProf »

Deon Sanders?? Show some respect. He's now known as Coach Prime :coolshades: :coolshades: :coolshades:
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Unread post by PeteRasche »

This story is weird. I got sucked in and read a recap of it yesterday. It was originally said to be a theft, then switched to a misunderstanding where some admins had moved his stuff for safekeeping, then switched back to a theft again. They've also said the person responsible is known or was caught, but there must not have been charges filed or it would have come out publicly.

Makes me wonder if someone involved in the program actually committed the act - either actual theft or maybe they took his phone intending to look at pics or contacts or something (celebrities) and then planned to put it back, but didn't return it before he noted it missing...?
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Unread post by GretnaGrn »

PeteRasche wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:03 am This story is weird. I got sucked in and read a recap of it yesterday. It was originally said to be a theft, then switched to a misunderstanding where some admins had moved his stuff for safekeeping, then switched back to a theft again. They've also said the person responsible is known or was caught, but there must not have been charges filed or it would have come out publicly.

Makes me wonder if someone involved in the program actually committed the act - either actual theft or maybe they took his phone intending to look at pics or contacts or something (celebrities) and then planned to put it back, but didn't return it before he noted it missing...?
Apparently, his assistant saw a different JSU employee taking the phone and other property but did not feel comfortable confronting the person at the time. The person taking the stuff said they were moving it for safekeeping once confronted after the fact (supposedly, the assistant was female and the alleged thief a fairly large male).

Although it was long ago, I actually worked at JSU home games selling concessions while in high school. The stadium is in a bad part of town, but for the games it always felt safe; the crowd was friendly and security present and attentive. That being said, it was not difficult to get into private areas where the public really has no business being. I could see a security officer thinking that leaving the stuff unsecured in an office in the stadium was a risk and taking the stuff for safekeeping. I could also see someone trying to steal it and making up the story after the fact.