March Madness

Non-Tulane Sports Discussion
Anything that doesn't belong on the main YOGWF Sports forums e.g. Saints, Hornets, BC$, High School, etc.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Re: March Madness

Unread post by PeteRasche »

1 vs. 2, 1 vs... 11? UCLA out of nowhere, from the play-in spot.

And the Cincinnati fans here are despondent, watching their native son and ex-coach Cronin making it back where they only went once under Huggins (while they themselves have a dumpster fire occurring)...
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tulaneoutlaw »

Turns out recruiting 5 stars matters a lot more than who your coach is. Cronin made the right move heading out there.

No ACC, Big Ten, SEC or Big East in the Final 4. You hate to see it. Big 12 is in but not with Kansas. Two "mid major" conferences have reps with Gonzaga having a great chance to win it all. This might be my favorite tourney ever.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by ml wave »

ml wave wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:11 am
tulaneoutlaw wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:48 pm A Baylor Gonzaga final would be outstanding and would guarantee a first time winner for the second tourney in a row. I also thought Illinois could hang, but was not to be.
Also curious how they fare against USC's interior defense. If Kispert/Suggs are off from outside, USC could have a chance.
Lol, guess not...at one point the Zags had a 20+ point lead while being 3-10 from 3.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Unread post by PeteRasche »

I really like Drew Timme's game (except the constant mugging of blowing kisses to the crowd after dunks). Second coming of Larry Bird? I don't know if he's quick enough or bulky enough to succeed in the NBA but he's sure fun to watch in college.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Unread post by gerryb323 »

ml wave wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:00 pm
ml wave wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:11 am
tulaneoutlaw wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:48 pm A Baylor Gonzaga final would be outstanding and would guarantee a first time winner for the second tourney in a row. I also thought Illinois could hang, but was not to be.
Also curious how they fare against USC's interior defense. If Kispert/Suggs are off from outside, USC could have a chance.
Lol, guess not...at one point the Zags had a 20+ point lead while being 3-10 from 3.
They had more points in the paint than USC had points at almost half time
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by ml wave »

PeteRasche wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:06 pm I really like Drew Timme's game (except the constant mugging of blowing kisses to the crowd after dunks). Second coming of Larry Bird? I don't know if he's quick enough or bulky enough to succeed in the NBA but he's sure fun to watch in college.
I think he's stroking his ironically "cool" mustache.
double d
Coach Level

Unread post by double d »

PeteRasche wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:06 pm I really like Drew Timme's game (except the constant mugging of blowing kisses to the crowd after dunks). Second coming of Larry Bird? I don't know if he's quick enough or bulky enough to succeed in the NBA but he's sure fun to watch in college.
Dude was scared to death of Jonathan last night. Timme was a non-factor, which I loved seeing. During the intros my wife looked at him and said "this guy must be a huge douche".
LondonWave
Coach Level

Unread post by LondonWave »

ml wave wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:33 pm
I think he's stroking his ironically "cool" mustache.
Looks like a 610 Stomper...