Basketball Recruiting Info

In memory of Wayne Picou, this forum is dedicated to all Green Wave recruiting and signing.
doc
President's Circle

Re: Basketball Recruiting Info

Post by doc »

Jordyn Adams is expected to announce his school choice at 3:00 PM central time on Monday. Adams declared for the NBA Draft after his freshman season then withdrew his name and returned to Austin Peay.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

doc wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:19 pm Jordyn Adams is expected to announce his school choice at 3:00 PM central time on Monday. Adams declared for the NBA Draft after his freshman season then withdrew his name and returned to Austin Peay.
You said last page that Tulane offered. Is there any actual chance?
doc
President's Circle

Post by doc »

Yes - Just guessing
randymc
President's Circle

Post by randymc »

Jordyn Adams just tweeted he is headed to Lamar
doc
President's Circle

Post by doc »

Temple SG Brendan Barry is transferring.
doc
President's Circle

Post by doc »

Texas Tech 6-4 195# SG Kyler Edwards is transferring. Tulane offered him out of high school.
doc
President's Circle

Post by doc »

SMU G Tyson Jolley is transferring.
doc
President's Circle

Post by doc »

Georgia State RS SOPH 6-6 195# SG is transferring. He played only 16 minutes per game this past season but did shoot over 50% from the field.
Last edited by doc on Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

I feel like we should have started an AAC transfer thread and listed the players who are NOT transferring. Might have saved the site some server space... :shock:
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

randymc wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:03 pm Jordyn Adams just tweeted he is headed to Lamar
After 5 minutes of twitter stalking I would have guessed that...he went with Aspen, and not Colorado
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
doc
President's Circle

Post by doc »

The two younger Lawson Brothers, Chandler and Johnathan, are reopening their recruiting. PF SOPH Chandler Lawson is transferring from Oregon. His younger brother Johnathan, a top 60 recruit, has decommited from Oregon. I know of know recent involvement with Tulane, but their older brother did transfer to Tulane in HC Hunter’s first season.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

doc wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:07 am The two younger Lawson Brothers, Chandler and Johnathan, are reopening their recruiting. PF SOPH Chandler Lawson is transferring from Oregon. His younger brother Johnathan, a top 60 recruit, has decommited from Oregon. I know of know recent involvement with Tulane, but their older brother did transfer to Tulane in HC Hunter’s first season.
Considering how Hunter's first season ended (the second half of the season), I suspect there's little chance that big brother is pushing them to Tulane.
doc
President's Circle

Post by doc »

JR PF Kamaka Hepa is transferring from Texas. Tulane offered him out of high school.
doc
President's Circle

Post by doc »

South Florida JR G Ezacuras Dawson III is transferring.
doc
President's Circle

Post by doc »

TCU RS SOPH F Kevin Easley Jr is transferring. He was offered by HC Hunter at Georgia State.
doc
President's Circle

Post by doc »

Houston RS Soph G Cameron Tyson is transferring.
doc
President's Circle

Post by doc »

I find these transfers intriguing. Ledarrius Brewer is a 6-5 200# RS JR SG transferring from East Tennessee State. He averaged 16.2 ppg and 4.5 rbg last season. He transferred to ETSU from SEMO. His brother Tyron Brewer is a 6-9 215# JR F who is also transferring from ETSU. He averaged8.5 ppg and 4.0 rbg last season. The brothers are from Meridian, Mississippi. Tyron Brewer transferred to ETSU from Southeastern LA University where he played against HC Hunter’s Tulane team a couple of seasons ago. He had a really big game that day, in fact I thought he was the best player in Devlin that day. He was offered by U Conn out of high school. A package deal to Tulane perhaps? 9 players have now left ETSU.
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

doc wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:54 pm I find these transfers intriguing. Ledarrius Brewer is a 6-5 200# RS JR SG transferring from East Tennessee State. He averaged 16.2 ppg and 4.5 rbg last season. He transferred to ETSU from SEMO. His brother Tyron Brewer is a 6-9 215# JR F who is also transferring from ETSU. He averaged8.5 ppg and 4.0 rbg last season. The brothers are from Meridian, Mississippi. Tyron Brewer transferred to ETSU from Southeastern LA University where he played against HC Hunter’s Tulane team a couple of seasons ago. He had a really big game that day, in fact I thought he was the best player in Devlin that day. He was offered by U Conn out of high school. A package deal to Tulane perhaps? 9 players have now left ETSU.
Etsu has had some good basketball teams lately. I would think this would be an upgrade to bring them in.
doc
President's Circle

Post by doc »

In the game at Tulane Tyron Brewer had 17 points and 14 rebounds, including 6 offensive rebounds.I hope HC Hunter remembers that performance. That season Tyron Brewer averaged nearly 15 points and 8 rebounds per game. Ledarrius Brewer lead ETSU in scoring last season.
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Post by NJwave »

doc wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:45 pm In the game at Tulane Tyron Brewer had 17 points and 14 rebounds, including 6 offensive rebounds.I hope HC Hunter remembers that performance. That season Tyron Brewer averaged nearly 15 points and 8 rebounds per game. Ledarrius Brewer lead ETSU in scoring last season.
Thanks for all these posts. I really appreciate it.

I remember that game. He was fantastic. There are so many players available. It would be difficult not to be able to land a few more quality players.
doc
President's Circle

Post by doc »

Over 1250 D-1 transfers so far this season. About 25 more of those came today. Today was HC Ron Hunter’s birthday.
doc
President's Circle

Post by doc »

RS Soph 6-4 G Josh Nickelberry is transferring from Louisville. Tulane offered him out of high school.
doc
President's Circle

Post by doc »

2021 6-5 195# SG Kidtrell Blocker has recommitted from Georgia State.
doc
President's Circle

Post by doc »

Tulane is recruiting DeVon Baker a 6-2 195# RS JR PG who has transferred from UNC Asheville. He is an excellent shooter and scorer averaging 16 ppg his Freshman and Sophomore seasons He shoots a high percentage. This past season he played only 8 games, but averaged 13 ppg shooting 51% from the field, 87.5% from the FT line and 44.8% from behind the arc. He can play both the point and off the ball effectively. He could be a really good player for Tulane.
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Post by NJwave »

doc wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:55 pm Tulane is recruiting DeVon Baker a 6-2 195# RS JR PG who has transferred from UNC Asheville. He is an excellent shooter and scorer averaging 16 ppg his Freshman and Sophomore seasons He shoots a high percentage. This past season he played only 8 games, but averaged 13 ppg shooting 51% from the field, 87.5% from the FT line and 44.8% from behind the arc. He can play both the point and off the ball effectively. He could be a really good player for Tulane.
We have 2 point guards that I think are very good. Should we concerned about 1 of them not coming back or would he fill Watsons role?