The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 8:39 am 
Regent's Circle

https://twitter.com/Starting9/status/1002029148951470080?s=20

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 2:25 pm 
Cornerstone

They didn't try the Dave Winfield approach, but all's well that ends well, I suppose.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:43 am 
Regent's Circle

"Goose OK after hitting scoreboard?" Are you kidding.. who gives a flying fook... it's the equivalent of a pigeon or a rat... a pest. "Canadian" geese? My a88... they stopped migrating decades ago after some liberal moonbat fktard decided to enact the "migratory bird conservation act" back in 1929. These pests need to be removed from the list and allow people to hit them with their cars, hunt them, or just shoot them if they are ruining your property.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:01 am 
Emerald Circle

Johnny Mac wrote:
"Goose OK after hitting scoreboard?" Are you kidding.. who gives a flying fook... it's the equivalent of a pigeon or a rat... a pest. "Canadian" geese? My a88... they stopped migrating decades ago after some liberal moonbat fktard decided to enact the "migratory bird conservation act" back in 1929. These pests need to be removed from the list and allow people to hit them with their cars, hunt them, or just shoot them if they are ruining your property.

How do you really feel?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:46 am 
Regent's Circle

Johnny Mac wrote:

Exactly - Was doing a job in Overland Park, KS and had to fight them to get my building's door in the mornings.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:47 am 
Emerald Circle

sr wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:

Exactly - Was doing a job in Overland Park, KS and had to fight them to get my building's door in the mornings.

I just run at them and yell foie gras foie gras

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:44 pm 
Emerald Circle

Went to some friends' house today and they have a small pond/lake out back with fish. All the kids were excited to fish but there were about 25 Canadian geese patrolling the pond, daring anyone to come near. The flock included about 8 gosling, so they've clearly settled there. And there was goose crap everywhere in their yard. Thankfully they have a lab who likes to chase sticks in the lake, so a quick "fetch, girl" toss of a stick and the geese found their way to the other end of the pond. But the fact that their property has virtually been taken over by a pest, about which you can do nothing, is ridiculous. I'm 100% on board with JM and his rant above.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:00 am 
President's Circle

Not sure about elsewhere but here in Tennessee you can hunt canadian geese. The season is short, a couple of weeks in September, but during that time the bag limit is pretty high iirc. It's not like they are an endangered so you would think some hunting of them would be allowed.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:34 am 
President's Circle

I can't say I've ever eaten goose

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:45 am 
Regent's Circle

windywave wrote:
sr wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:

but they've been away from Canada for so long they no longer understand French

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:15 am 
Emerald Circle

gerryb323 wrote:
I can't say I've ever eaten goose

Peasant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:16 am 
Emerald Circle

Johnny Mac wrote:
windywave wrote:
sr wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:

It's ingrained in their memory I think because they still run or fly away.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:55 am 
President's Circle

windywave wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
windywave wrote:
sr wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:

They do not run away when my 18 month old chases them, but then he doesn't speak French. So you may be onto something

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:58 am 
Emerald Circle

gerryb323 wrote:
windywave wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
windywave wrote:
sr wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
They do not run away when my 18 month old chases them, but then he doesn't speak French. So you may be onto something

If you get one that's guarding a nest, it takes more than an 18-month old; they regularly chased cars in my office parking lot when they'd made a next right next to a driveway one year.

There is a field next to the road my wife takes when driving the kids to school every day, and a bunch of geese hang out there. Some days they decide to waddle across the road during rush hour. Traffic comes to a complete standstill as they lackadaisically waddle across with their "FU" attitudes, making everyone late. Windy, you're so macho, will you come down here and mow a few down to teach them a lesson?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:14 pm 
Emerald Circle

PeteRasche wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
windywave wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
windywave wrote:
sr wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:

If you get one that's guarding a nest, it takes more than an 18-month old; they regularly chased cars in my office parking lot when they'd made a next right next to a driveway one year.

There is a field next to the road my wife takes when driving the kids to school every day, and a bunch of geese hang out there. Some days they decide to waddle across the road during rush hour. Traffic comes to a complete standstill as they lackadaisically waddle across with their "FU" attitudes, making everyone late. Windy, you're so macho, will you come down here and mow a few down to teach them a lesson?

Mow them down? That would be cruel but I would chase them

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:37 am 
President's Circle

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:56 am 
Emerald Circle

gerryb323 wrote:

Another example of how they lost the Empire

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:08 pm 
President's Circle

windywave wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:

Another example of how they lost the Empire