Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 8:39 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:54 pm
Posts: 6863
Location: Dripping Springs
https://twitter.com/Starting9/status/1002029148951470080?s=20


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 2:25 pm 
Offline
Cornerstone
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:30 pm
Posts: 30581
Location: 30°37'40.6"N 81°27'02.4"W
They didn't try the Dave Winfield approach, but all's well that ends well, I suppose.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:43 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:15 pm
Posts: 7012
Location: Charlotte
"Goose OK after hitting scoreboard?" Are you kidding.. who gives a flying fook... it's the equivalent of a pigeon or a rat... a pest. "Canadian" geese? My a88... they stopped migrating decades ago after some liberal moonbat fktard decided to enact the "migratory bird conservation act" back in 1929. These pests need to be removed from the list and allow people to hit them with their cars, hunt them, or just shoot them if they are ruining your property.

_________________
Image
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:01 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 20085
Location: Chicago
Johnny Mac wrote:
"Goose OK after hitting scoreboard?" Are you kidding.. who gives a flying fook... it's the equivalent of a pigeon or a rat... a pest. "Canadian" geese? My a88... they stopped migrating decades ago after some liberal moonbat fktard decided to enact the "migratory bird conservation act" back in 1929. These pests need to be removed from the list and allow people to hit them with their cars, hunt them, or just shoot them if they are ruining your property.


How do you really feel?

_________________
Using big words is not a personal attack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:46 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:54 pm
Posts: 6863
Location: Dripping Springs
Johnny Mac wrote:
"Goose OK after hitting scoreboard?" Are you kidding.. who gives a flying fook... it's the equivalent of a pigeon or a rat... a pest. "Canadian" geese? My a88... they stopped migrating decades ago after some liberal moonbat fktard decided to enact the "migratory bird conservation act" back in 1929. These pests need to be removed from the list and allow people to hit them with their cars, hunt them, or just shoot them if they are ruining your property.

Exactly - Was doing a job in Overland Park, KS and had to fight them to get my building's door in the mornings.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:47 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 20085
Location: Chicago
sr wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
"Goose OK after hitting scoreboard?" Are you kidding.. who gives a flying fook... it's the equivalent of a pigeon or a rat... a pest. "Canadian" geese? My a88... they stopped migrating decades ago after some liberal moonbat fktard decided to enact the "migratory bird conservation act" back in 1929. These pests need to be removed from the list and allow people to hit them with their cars, hunt them, or just shoot them if they are ruining your property.

Exactly - Was doing a job in Overland Park, KS and had to fight them to get my building's door in the mornings.


I just run at them and yell foie gras foie gras

_________________
Using big words is not a personal attack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:44 pm 
Online
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Posts: 20356
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Went to some friends' house today and they have a small pond/lake out back with fish. All the kids were excited to fish but there were about 25 Canadian geese patrolling the pond, daring anyone to come near. The flock included about 8 gosling, so they've clearly settled there. And there was goose crap everywhere in their yard. Thankfully they have a lab who likes to chase sticks in the lake, so a quick "fetch, girl" toss of a stick and the geese found their way to the other end of the pond. But the fact that their property has virtually been taken over by a pest, about which you can do nothing, is ridiculous. I'm 100% on board with JM and his rant above.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:00 am 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:49 pm
Posts: 2594
Location: Greeneville, TN
Not sure about elsewhere but here in Tennessee you can hunt canadian geese. The season is short, a couple of weeks in September, but during that time the bag limit is pretty high iirc. It's not like they are an endangered so you would think some hunting of them would be allowed.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:34 am 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am
Posts: 4348
Location: Wichita
I can't say I've ever eaten goose

_________________
#stopbunting
#nomorekicking


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:45 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:15 pm
Posts: 7012
Location: Charlotte
windywave wrote:
sr wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
"Goose OK after hitting scoreboard?" Are you kidding.. who gives a flying fook... it's the equivalent of a pigeon or a rat... a pest. "Canadian" geese? My a88... they stopped migrating decades ago after some liberal moonbat fktard decided to enact the "migratory bird conservation act" back in 1929. These pests need to be removed from the list and allow people to hit them with their cars, hunt them, or just shoot them if they are ruining your property.

Exactly - Was doing a job in Overland Park, KS and had to fight them to get my building's door in the mornings.


I just run at them and yell foie gras foie gras


but they've been away from Canada for so long they no longer understand French

_________________
Image
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:15 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 20085
Location: Chicago
gerryb323 wrote:
I can't say I've ever eaten goose

Peasant

_________________
Using big words is not a personal attack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:16 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 20085
Location: Chicago
Johnny Mac wrote:
windywave wrote:
sr wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
"Goose OK after hitting scoreboard?" Are you kidding.. who gives a flying fook... it's the equivalent of a pigeon or a rat... a pest. "Canadian" geese? My a88... they stopped migrating decades ago after some liberal moonbat fktard decided to enact the "migratory bird conservation act" back in 1929. These pests need to be removed from the list and allow people to hit them with their cars, hunt them, or just shoot them if they are ruining your property.

Exactly - Was doing a job in Overland Park, KS and had to fight them to get my building's door in the mornings.


I just run at them and yell foie gras foie gras


but they've been away from Canada for so long they no longer understand French


It's ingrained in their memory I think because they still run or fly away.

_________________
Using big words is not a personal attack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:55 am 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am
Posts: 4348
Location: Wichita
windywave wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
windywave wrote:
sr wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
"Goose OK after hitting scoreboard?" Are you kidding.. who gives a flying fook... it's the equivalent of a pigeon or a rat... a pest. "Canadian" geese? My a88... they stopped migrating decades ago after some liberal moonbat fktard decided to enact the "migratory bird conservation act" back in 1929. These pests need to be removed from the list and allow people to hit them with their cars, hunt them, or just shoot them if they are ruining your property.

Exactly - Was doing a job in Overland Park, KS and had to fight them to get my building's door in the mornings.


I just run at them and yell foie gras foie gras


but they've been away from Canada for so long they no longer understand French


It's ingrained in their memory I think because they still run or fly away.

They do not run away when my 18 month old chases them, but then he doesn't speak French. So you may be onto something

_________________
#stopbunting
#nomorekicking


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:58 am 
Online
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Posts: 20356
Location: Cincinnati, OH
gerryb323 wrote:
windywave wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
windywave wrote:
sr wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
"Goose OK after hitting scoreboard?" Are you kidding.. who gives a flying fook... it's the equivalent of a pigeon or a rat... a pest. "Canadian" geese? My a88... they stopped migrating decades ago after some liberal moonbat fktard decided to enact the "migratory bird conservation act" back in 1929. These pests need to be removed from the list and allow people to hit them with their cars, hunt them, or just shoot them if they are ruining your property.
Exactly - Was doing a job in Overland Park, KS and had to fight them to get my building's door in the mornings.
I just run at them and yell foie gras foie gras
but they've been away from Canada for so long they no longer understand French
It's ingrained in their memory I think because they still run or fly away.
They do not run away when my 18 month old chases them, but then he doesn't speak French. So you may be onto something

If you get one that's guarding a nest, it takes more than an 18-month old; they regularly chased cars in my office parking lot when they'd made a next right next to a driveway one year.

There is a field next to the road my wife takes when driving the kids to school every day, and a bunch of geese hang out there. Some days they decide to waddle across the road during rush hour. Traffic comes to a complete standstill as they lackadaisically waddle across with their "FU" attitudes, making everyone late. Windy, you're so macho, will you come down here and mow a few down to teach them a lesson?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:14 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 20085
Location: Chicago
PeteRasche wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
windywave wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
windywave wrote:
sr wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
"Goose OK after hitting scoreboard?" Are you kidding.. who gives a flying fook... it's the equivalent of a pigeon or a rat... a pest. "Canadian" geese? My a88... they stopped migrating decades ago after some liberal moonbat fktard decided to enact the "migratory bird conservation act" back in 1929. These pests need to be removed from the list and allow people to hit them with their cars, hunt them, or just shoot them if they are ruining your property.
Exactly - Was doing a job in Overland Park, KS and had to fight them to get my building's door in the mornings.
I just run at them and yell foie gras foie gras
but they've been away from Canada for so long they no longer understand French
It's ingrained in their memory I think because they still run or fly away.
They do not run away when my 18 month old chases them, but then he doesn't speak French. So you may be onto something

If you get one that's guarding a nest, it takes more than an 18-month old; they regularly chased cars in my office parking lot when they'd made a next right next to a driveway one year.

There is a field next to the road my wife takes when driving the kids to school every day, and a bunch of geese hang out there. Some days they decide to waddle across the road during rush hour. Traffic comes to a complete standstill as they lackadaisically waddle across with their "FU" attitudes, making everyone late. Windy, you're so macho, will you come down here and mow a few down to teach them a lesson?


Mow them down? That would be cruel but I would chase them

_________________
Using big words is not a personal attack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:37 am 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am
Posts: 4348
Location: Wichita
Image

_________________
#stopbunting
#nomorekicking


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:56 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 20085
Location: Chicago
gerryb323 wrote:
Image


Another example of how they lost the Empire

_________________
Using big words is not a personal attack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:08 pm 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am
Posts: 4348
Location: Wichita
windywave wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
Image


Another example of how they lost the Empire

Gave the goose its own safe space.

_________________
#stopbunting
#nomorekicking


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:27 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 20085
Location: Chicago
gerryb323 wrote:
windywave wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
Image


Another example of how they lost the Empire

Gave the goose its own safe space.


Would the therapy dog eat it though?

_________________
Using big words is not a personal attack


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group