Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:10 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:28 am
Posts: 8297
Location: Back home again...Oak Park sub division
Before I go any further, I'd like to inform y'all that after Tulane the Arkansas Razorbacks are my favorite college team (well except for "whoever plays LSU" :roll: ), since '58.

The Arkansas Razorbacks "lost" it. Yea, and I know that even after the events of Wednesday night's game 2 in the CWS, the Hogs still had a chance to redeem themselves last night. Didn't happen. But to come back and play the next night after that happened, knowing that the CWS championship was theirs hands (or not really) just 24 hours previously had to be a monumental task, which they weren't up to. I'm pretty sure that whenever the members of that team look themselves in the mirror, know it was theirs for the taking. :cry:

Fan since '54

_________________
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:18 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:54 pm
Posts: 6790
Location: Dripping Springs
Where's my violin ...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:25 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle

Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:48 am
Posts: 5589
sr wrote:
Where's my violin ...
sr wrote:
Where's my violin ...
sr wrote:
Where's my violin ...


You dropped it at the goal line next to Banks. :-D

As Willie always says, "Don't let the wave beat the wave."

Yeah Arkansas may have "lost" it but they played a team that never quit in the entire tourney. That's the great lesson here so I'm back to OSU "won" it or if you prefer simply refused to lose. Useful example for anyone or team in an underdog or adverse game situation.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:41 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:54 pm
Posts: 6790
Location: Dripping Springs
Baywave1 wrote:
sr wrote:
Where's my violin ...
sr wrote:
Where's my violin ...
sr wrote:
Where's my violin ...


You dropped it at the goal line next to Banks. :-D

As Willie always says, "Don't let the wave beat the wave."

Yeah Arkansas may have "lost" it but they played a team that never quit in the entire tourney. That's the great lesson here so I'm back to OSU "won" it or if you prefer simply refused to lose. Useful example for anyone or team in an underdog or adverse game situation.

Yeah. I dropped my beer as well 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:19 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:36 am
Posts: 18256
Location: Philadelphia, PA & Berlin, MD
In my idle time I put together 10 words which for me epitomize whether one will be successful in anything one does. Right up near the top is perseverance. No matter the odds, the barriers to success, the unlikelihood of success, those who keep driving tend to win in the end. And if not this time, the next time.

In a past life I had the opportunity to have a beer or three with some Navy SEALs. I asked one of the guys what it was that most outsiders don’t understand about becoming a SEAL. He said that it’s not the biggest, baddest, most athletic that make it—it’s the wiry little guys who never ever quit, no matter how cold, tired, hungry, or beaten they may have been.

So, hats off to Oregon State. Winners never quit.

_________________
A&S 1978


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:06 pm 
Online
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:00 pm
Posts: 13641
TUPF wrote:
In my idle time I put together 10 words which for me epitomize whether one will be successful in anything one does. Right up near the top is perseverance. No matter the odds, the barriers to success, the unlikelihood of success, those who keep driving tend to win in the end. And if not this time, the next time.

In a past life I had the opportunity to have a beer or three with some Navy SEALs. I asked one of the guys what it was that most outsiders don’t understand about becoming a SEAL. He said that it’s not the biggest, baddest, most athletic that make it—it’s the wiry little guys who never ever quit, no matter how cold, tired, hungry, or beaten they may have been.

So, hats off to Oregon State. Winners never quit.


I didn’t have a dog in the fight but I have to agree. When OSU hit what should have been the final out of the series you can feel sorry for the pitcher. He points at the sky to indicate where the ball went but it has a sense of triumph to it. The ball falls among 3 Arkansas players and 2 pitches later (‘of course’ as Graff would say) they were tied. 2 batters later OSU is ahead by 2 and you could just sense they were done.

_________________
“At the moment of truth, there are either reasons or results.”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:10 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:54 pm
Posts: 6790
Location: Dripping Springs
OGSB wrote:
TUPF wrote:
In my idle time I put together 10 words which for me epitomize whether one will be successful in anything one does. Right up near the top is perseverance. No matter the odds, the barriers to success, the unlikelihood of success, those who keep driving tend to win in the end. And if not this time, the next time.

In a past life I had the opportunity to have a beer or three with some Navy SEALs. I asked one of the guys what it was that most outsiders don’t understand about becoming a SEAL. He said that it’s not the biggest, baddest, most athletic that make it—it’s the wiry little guys who never ever quit, no matter how cold, tired, hungry, or beaten they may have been.

So, hats off to Oregon State. Winners never quit.


I didn’t have a dog in the fight but I have to agree. When OSU hit what should have been the final out of the series you can feel sorry for the pitcher. He points at the sky to indicate where the ball went but it has a sense of triumph to it. The ball falls among 3 Arkansas players and 2 pitches later (‘of course’ as Graff would say) they were tied. 2 batters later OSU is ahead by 2 and you could just sense they were done.

Exactly, that's baseball. How many times have we seen similar outcomes? Tough to stomach, but it's baseball - from LL to the Pros.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:11 pm 
Online
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:00 pm
Posts: 13641
Heh. Looking for something else I found this: http://www.yogwf.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=48630&start=25#p662949

_________________
“At the moment of truth, there are either reasons or results.”


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group