Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:52 pm 
Regent's Circle

https://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2018/6 ... ath=mbball

Guaranteed contract. He'll at least be on their G-league team if not the 15 man. Big ups to Cam. Coach Dunleavy's promises to recruits now have at least 2 tangible examples to point to.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:42 pm 
Regent's Circle

Nice guy from a nice family. I will miss seeing them at MBB games. This is a good landing place for Cam to continue to develop. He should be able to have a decent pro career somewhere even if it's Europe.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:13 pm 
Emerald Circle

One knock I've always heard on Perry Clark is he had no connections and no interest in getting his players into the NBA. I was burned out and didn't even look into it (a whole other long story) but many of my teammates never got the shot they should have, even coming from successful teams. MD appears to be the exact opposite, getting guys into the league even when the team isn't doing as well.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:01 am 
Regent's Circle

PeteRasche wrote:
One knock I've always heard on Perry Clark is he had no connections and no interest in getting his players into the NBA. I was burned out and didn't even look into it (a whole other long story) but many of my teammates never got the shot they should have, even coming from successful teams. MD appears to be the exact opposite, getting guys into the league even when the team isn't doing as well.

Can you imagine the careers Linton Johnson, Anthony Reed, and Jerald Honeycutt could have had in the NBA with MD's preparation? And that's leaving out folks who didn't even get tryouts who could have gotten that extra push with MD's connections.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:10 am 
Coach Level

I was once a general manager of a CBA team with a former NBA player as our head coach. He had connections galore, and persuading players to play for us was much easier since they knew that connections and luck have a lot to do with getting a shot at an NBA team. So, I agree that the MD connection will make a difference. I have seen several players who were as good as current NBA players, but didn't have someone to open the right door or were not in the right place at the right time. Also, attitude and demeanor mean a lot more at the NBA level. They don't want any "knuckleheads" on their roster. We had a player once who was as good as Joe Dumars, but no one would touch him because he was a head case and unpredictable.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:13 am 
President's Circle

Cheerleader wrote:
I was once a general manager of a CBA team with a former NBA player as our head coach. He had connections galore, and persuading players to play for us was much easier since they knew that connections and luck have a lot to do with getting a shot at an NBA team. So, I agree that the MD connection will make a difference. I have seen several players who were as good as current NBA players, but didn't have someone to open the right door or were not in the right place at the right time. Also, attitude and demeanor mean a lot more at the NBA level. They don't want any "knuckleheads" on their roster. We had a player once who was as good as Joe Dumars, but no one would touch him because he was a head case and unpredictable.

You sound like you've had a interesting career!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:14 pm 
Coach Level

Yes, I have, but that was only a small part of it. We figured out we couldn't make any money at it or sell to an NBA team, so we sold it to another fool after three years. But I have a million stories that made it all worth it. We did win the championship in 1989, with Wes Matthews, Sr. hitting the winning three pointer. (and he was a head case, too).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:20 am 
Trainer

Thought he had officially signed, but now it appears he has officially, officially signed.
https://twitter.com/CamoCinco/status/10 ... 9109711875