Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Andy Cannizaro
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:06 pm 
Coach Level

https://www.si.com/mlb/2018/06/15/missi ... -henderson

The above is a very interesting read about Mississippi State’s baseball season. How many lives have ruined by a cell phone. Andy will not get another college job for a long time, maybe never. Wasting the opportunity that was his for the taking is sad.

On the other hand, Jake flourished. Hope he becomes a head coach in the near future. He deserves it.

Last edited by tjtlja on Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Andy Cannizaro
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:41 pm 
Riptide Level

Andy Cannizaro will likely be Tulane's next head coach if Jewett does not make it after next season.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:39 pm 
Emerald Circle

Well lookey who can't let go of his obsession.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:39 pm 
Emerald Circle

PJR wrote:
Andy Cannizaro will likely be Tulane's next head coach if Jewett does not make it after next season.

Pink?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:13 pm 
Emerald Circle

PJR wrote:

Read the article. I did. The team and staff at State turned a disaster into a dream season and they still take time to back the bus over Andy C. Yikes. Gautreau calls him out and is called a former friend. Yikes. The most robust defense of AC is "there are two sides to every story." From an source that would not be named. Yikes.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:46 pm 
Emerald Circle

“overwhelmed with the job”

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:01 pm 
Emerald Circle

I don't even like participating in the petty squabbling about him and Tulane and TJ, but I read that story out of curiosity and I can't help but take from it a distinct happiness among the players and others that he was gone. Presumably this was because he'd acted so aloof and different (due to the described phone addiction?) to the point where he wasn't the same guy they'd signed on with, but nonetheless, it doesn't sound like anyone was sad when he finally was gone.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:28 pm 
Emerald Circle

Another Twitter addict with a twitchy finger. Smartphone addiction really is a thing. I read it on the internet.

Seriously. The Peter Principle is a quantifiable thing in any profession and AC is a poster boy. I wouldn’t want him anywhere near our program despite what his apologists say. As we used to say in the Submarine Force: he’s a head case...next.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:40 pm 
Emerald Circle

TUPF wrote:
As we used to say in the Submarine Force: he’s a head case...next.

Your job was to play hide and seek and chicken in a metal tube with radioactive material underwater where if you spring a leak your metal tube implodes.... how is that NOT crazy?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:59 pm 
Emerald Circle

windywave wrote:
TUPF wrote:
As we used to say in the Submarine Force: he’s a head case...next.

Your job was to play hide and seek and chicken in a metal tube with radioactive material underwater where if you spring a leak your metal tube implodes.... how is that NOT crazy?
Well...there’s that.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:58 pm 
Coach Level

TUPF wrote:
Another Twitter addict with a twitchy finger. Smartphone addiction really is a thing. I read it on the internet.

Seriously. The Peter Principle is a quantifiable thing in any profession and AC is a poster boy. I wouldn’t want him anywhere near our program despite what his apologists say. As we used to say in the Submarine Force: he’s a head case...next.

TUPF, very well said and I wish could have articulated in the same manner you did. In fact, every response was terrific.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:12 pm 
Coach Level

PeteRasche wrote:
I don't even like participating in the petty squabbling about him and Tulane and TJ, but I read that story out of curiosity and I can't help but take from it a distinct happiness among the players and others that he was gone. Presumably this was because he'd acted so aloof and different (due to the described phone addiction?) to the point where he wasn't the same guy they'd signed on with, but nonetheless, it doesn't sound like anyone was sad when he finally was gone.

Pete, the only similarity between AC and TJ is how unprepared we were to start the 2017 season. The similarities end right there! I regret ever backing AC’s candidacy for the Tulane job.

In the aftermath, I have more respect for Jake than I did when he was recruiting my son. The dichotomy of two different members of the Tulane Hall of Fame within one unbelievable baseball season is amazing.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:24 pm 
Emerald Circle

tjtlja wrote:
I regret ever backing AC’s candidacy for the Tulane job.

Just preserving this

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:38 pm 
Emerald Circle

tjtlja wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:

Pete, the only similarity between AC and TJ is how unprepared we were to start the 2017 season. The similarities end right there! I regret ever backing AC’s candidacy for the Tulane job.

In the aftermath, I have more respect for Jake than I did when he was recruiting my son. The dichotomy of two different members of the Tulane Hall of Fame within one unbelievable baseball season is amazing.

I didn't say anything whatsoever about similarities between the two and I don't know why you went there.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:16 pm 
Emerald Circle

PeteRasche wrote:
tjtlja wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:

I didn't say anything whatsoever about similarities between the two and I don't know why you went there.

He just wanted to take a swipe at TJ

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:07 pm 
Coach Level

No, just stating a fact. Why are you such a d***?

Last edited by tjtlja on Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:46 pm 
Coach Level

PeteRasche wrote:
tjtlja wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:

Just making a petty observation related to the article. I think many of our kids felt the same way the State kids did.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:05 am 
Emerald Circle

tjtlja wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:
tjtlja wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:

Just making a petty observation related to the article. I think many of our kids felt the same way the State kids did.

You realize the incongruity between this statement and the prior one. I said you wanted to take a swipe and you ask why I'm being a dick, yet you admit it was "making a petty observation." Commence mental gymnastics

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:07 am 
Emerald Circle

tjtlja wrote:
No, just stating a fact. Why are you such a d***?

Don't know. Once science determines nature vs nurture I'll let you know.

Why do you make incessant "petty observations" all the time?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:06 am 
Regent's Circle

Wow, interesting (and sad) article.