Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:14 pm 
Emerald Circle

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:30 pm 
Coach Level

Interesting that they include Montano but not McCleskey. I expect we have more than 12 after the season!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:46 pm 
Emerald Circle

Sample is better than Fourth Team

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:51 pm 
Cornerstone

GreenieBacker wrote:
Sample is better than Fourth Team

Loads

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:06 pm 
Navigator Level

I think it starts with our Nose: J Johnson. He played so much and so hard and so well all year. If healthy he will be the linchpin for our line. Our DL has a bunch of play makers...but only if JJ controls the center.
We have a D front that can win games. Not sure if I have ever typed that in my 40 years as a TU fan.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:16 pm 
Regent's Circle

I love the guys that Fritz is bringing to Tulane. They truly are bigger - are they faster and stronger? I think so.. :-D

Seriously, I met all but about 3 or 4 guys yesterday, and each and every player will represent TUlane well.

#RollWave

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:32 am 
Breaker Level

Seems to me we are recruiting much better players (bigger and faster). But it seems that the coaches look for very committed players who love the game. You never hear of many issues off the field for instance... Recruits Must have that element that the coaches think will make them successful, but the coaches are willing to put in the time developing players who are a bit under the radar. Weight room, 24 / 7 commitment - off season by players and coaches.

Some come in ready to play, especially transfers, but many take a year or two. If they are good enough, we have a bunch that have contributed big time as freshmen as well, which is appealing to some better players who would ride the pine for 2-3 years in the sec... But we are not reaching for the stars on every recruit and then punting when we don’t beat out a big conference team for the really highly rated guys.
seem to remember Fritz developed a lot of walk ons at previous schools and lamented over the fact that at Tulane, they just could not attract as many. He likes to work with kids who want to play, and are intense about succeeding.
Overall, he and all the coaches have identified the caliber of recruit he needs in order to compete in the AAC, has an eye for that talent level, and has consistently upgraded the program.

Most professional group we have had as coaches in the program, for a long long time. They know what they need to do to win, and they are willing to grind it out everyday until they are successful. And their approach is turning heads in the HS coach arena as well. A little success this year and we will WOW some of the recruiting analysts in the future. Stating the obvious here, but excited about the tough schedule and seeing Fritz’s formula evolve during this critical season! Most excitement we have had watching TU football in some time now!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:05 am 
Coach Level

I am getting pumped again like I do every year for the start of the new season. Yesterday, I watched a video that I didn't know I had of our South Florida game. I knew we had won it, but I had forgotten how we beat the crap out of them, especially on defense. We didn't even have much of a passing game in that game, but they couldn't stop the run. They were 7-1 at the time and we were 3-5. The announcers kept talking about how good SF was, and it took till the end of the game before they started praising TU defense. How many more days till football????

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:21 am 
Regent's Circle

Cheerleader wrote:
How many more days till football????

too many... wish they started tomorrow