Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: LSU is Scary
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:17 pm 
President's Circle

Their offense is a machine. I hate this school, but their staff has put together an unbelievable offense. Cannot see anyone beating this team in Superdome. Give them their props because they deserve it.

Post subject: Re: LSU is Scary
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:23 pm 
Emerald Circle

How many times this year are you going to start this same exact thread? Your last one is literally still on this same first page.

I don't participate in all the silly name-calling and questioning of manhood around here but it really does appear you are a closet LSU fan. You clearly watch their games and feel compelled to tell us about it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:32 pm 
President's Circle

The terrible part is they also made an offensive change during the off season. They went with the spread pass and are 12-0 and ridiculously good on offense. We hired Doug Rouse 2.1 and are now 6-6 again with a senior Qb, two sr RBS, Two Sr Wrs, and multiple srs on the oline. Reality is they hit a home run and we dinked single. This pisses me off as much or more than anyone living here in Baton Rouge. I have been doing my best to ignore these Jack-offs around here, but I am not going sit here and deny reality.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:44 pm 
Emerald Circle

The players have admitted they’re not executing, so is it the coaches or the players?

So frustrating,

And yet, pleased to be bowling (assuming we win)!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:51 pm 
Breaker Level

PeteRasche wrote:
How many times this year are you going to start this same exact thread? Your last one is literally still on this same first page.

I don't participate in all the silly name-calling and questioning of manhood around here but it really does appear you are a closet LSU fan. You clearly watch their games and feel compelled to tell us about it.

Exactly....LSU deserves what? Their fricken basketball program paying peeps left & right & nothing happens...past players like SHAQ & Big Baby come out on record & laugh....I can only imagine what the football program is doing.....if North Carolina was cheating & barely got caught with a slap I think LSPOO has it down to a science.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:10 pm 
Emerald Circle

tjtlja wrote:
Their offense is a machine. I hate this school, but their staff has put together an unbelievable offense. Cannot see anyone beating this team in Superdome. Give them their props because they deserve it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:20 pm 
Regent's Circle

windywave wrote:
tjtlja wrote:

Thank goodness for captioning; otherwise I would have a heck of a time understanding what he is saying....

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:06 am 
Regent's Circle

UGA is capable, but the Kirby Smart factor will play into this game... look for him to stupidly fake a punt or field goal and turn Georgia's fate... guaranteed.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:19 am 
President's Circle

Johnny Mac wrote:
UGA is capable, but the Kirby Smart factor will play into this game... look for him to stupidly fake a punt or field goal and turn Georgia's fate... guaranteed.

UGA’s problem is what LSU’s problem was prior to hiring Joe Brady. Just not really an effective passing offense and it’s probably not due to lack of talent.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:31 am 
Regent's Circle

visualmagic wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:

UGA’s problem is what LSU’s problem was prior to hiring Joe Brady. Just not really an effective passing offense and it’s probably not due to lack of talent.

not a lack of talent at all... they are on their 3rd OC since Smart took over

I still shake my head in regard to how Smart blew the LSU game last year... first, on 4th and 9, he runs a fake field goal where his kicker was going to have to run 9 yards on LSU's special team... then, he decided to stop running despite the fact NOBODY on LSU's defense wanted to tackle Elijah Holyfield... on defense, they allowed Burrow to run for first down after first down.. they never adjusted.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:15 pm 
President's Circle

PeteRasche wrote:

Pete, you post some of the most childish things for a former athlete. You are so consumed with prior post instead of the content of the post. Just ridiculous.

As far as the closet LSU fan comment, all I can say is you sound like a 3rd grader. I love sports. I love good football. I love watching good football. LSU just happens to play great offensive football. Can you get that? Can you relate? Don’t you love good basketball? Don’t you watch good basketball? Don’t you admire good basketball? I love watching great football, basketball, and baseball. Get it!!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:18 pm 
President's Circle

AO Sig wrote:
windywave wrote:
tjtlja wrote:

Thank goodness for captioning; otherwise I would have a heck of a time understanding what he is saying....

Very good point!! LMAO

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:22 pm 
Emerald Circle

tjtlja wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:

Pete, you post some of the most childish things for a former athlete. You are so consumed with prior post instead of the content of the post. Just ridiculous.

As far as the closet LSU fan comment, all I can say is you sound like a 3rd grader. I love sports. I love good football. I love watching good football. LSU just happens to play great offensive football. Can you get that? Can you relate? Don’t you love good basketball? Don’t you watch good basketball? Don’t you admire good basketball? I love watching great football, basketball, and baseball. Get it!!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:24 pm 
Emerald Circle

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:27 pm 
President's Circle

Johnny Mac wrote:
visualmagic wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:

not a lack of talent at all... they are on their 3rd OC since Smart took over

I still shake my head in regard to how Smart blew the LSU game last year... first, on 4th and 9, he runs a fake field goal where his kicker was going to have to run 9 yards on LSU's special team... then, he decided to stop running despite the fact NOBODY on LSU's defense wanted to tackle Elijah Holyfield... on defense, they allowed Burrow to run for first down after first down.. they never adjusted.

Georgia is certainly capable on defense, and their secondary may be the best LSU has seen this year, but I cannot see Georgia scoring enough. Fromm is so inaccurate at times, and the Bulldogs lost their best WR last week. The home crowd will be negated, so no real advantage there. Just hope Burrow has a 60% day.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:27 pm 
Emerald Circle

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:28 pm 
President's Circle

windywave wrote:

Nice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:31 pm 
Emerald Circle

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:36 pm 
Emerald Circle

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:58 pm 
President's Circle

Tiger bait, Tiger bait, Tiger bait, Geaux Tigers!!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:46 pm 
Regent's Circle

tjtlja wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:50 pm 
Emerald Circle

tjtlja wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:20 pm 
Emerald Circle

1. It's called internet etiquette. Look it up. It's a real thing, not some silly thing I made up. If it weren't such a pain for them I'm sure a mod would have already merged this into the other thread because it's bad etiquette.
2. Tulane fans generally despise LSU so posting multiple threads on here about how great they are is not cool, even if they are. And I'm pretty sure I'm in the LARGE majority on this. If I were a mod I would ban you for your "Go Tigers" post above and I'm not even kidding.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:40 am 
President's Circle

PeteRasche wrote:
1. It's called internet etiquette. Look it up. It's a real thing, not some silly thing I made up. If it weren't such a pain for them I'm sure a mod would have already merged this into the other thread because it's bad etiquette.
2. Tulane fans generally despise LSU so posting multiple threads on here about how great they are is not cool, even if they are. And I'm pretty sure I'm in the LARGE majority on this. If I were a mod I would ban you for your "Go Tigers" post above and I'm not even kidding.

You’d ban people for being fans of other schools? You’d fit right in with the other terrible mods

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:51 am 
Emerald Circle

visualmagic wrote:
You’d ban people for being fans of other schools?

Only one, and for purposely flaunting it here. :wink: