Hunter national coach of the year buzz

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Hunter national coach of the year buzz

Post by NJwave »

There is an article on ESPN+ about college hoops. It is paid content so I can’t link it. Anyway, the article talks about how historically good the Big Ten is but has an entire section on the national coach of the year. It mentions Drew at Baylor and a few others but makes a several paragraph case as to why it should be Ron Hunter.

It got me to thinking about what Tulane can do to lobby for an NIT bid. Historically, schools in P5 leagues get NIT bids at .500 (it’s about $). You more likely need more than 20 wins in our league. Anyway, if we can get to 17 or 18 wins given where we were, Tulane and the league need to do some serious lobbying on behalf of Hunter and Tulane. For Tulane an NIT bid would be the ultimate validation of what we have accomplished and truly mean something. Taking a .500 North Carolina team would be all about $.

windywave
Emerald Circle

Re: Hunter national coach of the year buzz

Post by windywave »

Bitch please. We're going dancing
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count

angrywavedad
Breaker Level

Post by angrywavedad »

Big Saturday afternoon win at Temple raised a lot of eyebrows. Lots of leading college basketball observers saw the Wave win in hardcore hoops territory.

randymc
President's Circle

Post by randymc »

Tulane in the Top 100 finally at No. 96 in NCAA tourney NET rankings; 19 spots ahead of North Carolina Tar Heels.
https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketbal ... t-rankings

Baywave1
Regent's Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

Just curious. Where are we in kenpom?

Baywave1
Regent's Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

Meanwhile if Baylor wins Big 12 and/or finishes pre-tourney in Top Ten, I have to think BU coach is a lock as Coach of Year. Hunter had been great and I think that shows you that he is legitimately in the early conversation.

Meanwhile I found Lawson’s ESPNU interview most instructive. He came to Tulane to play and win (now) like all the other transfers. To date Hunter, he and the team are sure walking that talk.

fearthewave
Breaker Level

Post by fearthewave »

Baywave1 wrote:Just curious. Where are we in kenpom?
#156 on KenPom. Started the year at #294. (Slight) favorite to win the next four games. This is an important stretch for sure now that we're in the Top 100 in NET.

MattK
President's Circle

Post by MattK »

Thanks for the OP. Would never have checked that story otherwise.

Johnny Mac
Regent's Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

angrywavedad wrote:Big Saturday afternoon win at Temple raised a lot of eyebrows. Lots of leading college basketball observers saw the Wave win in hardcore hoops territory.

I don't know how accurate the comment was, but the pbp guy referred to temple as a bubble team... if that was the case, that was an enormous road win
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest

TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

Johnny Mac wrote:
angrywavedad wrote:Big Saturday afternoon win at Temple raised a lot of eyebrows. Lots of leading college basketball observers saw the Wave win in hardcore hoops territory.

I don't know how accurate the comment was, but the pbp guy referred to temple as a bubble team... if that was the case, that was an enormous road win
In Philly the opinion is split between...Temple is playing bad ball right now and will right the ship in February (some folks still think Chaney roams the Liacouras Center and holds pre-dawn practices); and dayum, Tulane, TULANE, just came in here and kicked our butts and it wasn’t even close... they have something going on.
Tulane Class of 1978 | NROTC Tulane - Submariner | From everywhere and nowhere