New hats for a Baseball

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
waverider
Emerald Circle

New hats for a Baseball

Post by waverider »

Tulane baseball tweeted this
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson

windywave
Emerald Circle

Re: New hats for a Baseball

Post by windywave »

Why pecker instead of the angry wave?
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count

BC Wave
Emerald Circle

Post by BC Wave »

Pecker has been transformed into Sluggerbird

(That’s what she said)

NJwave
Regent's Circle

Post by NJwave »

I think there has been a major miscommunication. I don’t think this is what people meant when they wanted Dannen to hand TJ his hat.

PeteRasche
Emerald Circle

Post by PeteRasche »

Is it still "a thing" to have kitschy baseball caps? I remember it was back in the 90s when so many minor-league teams started selling boatloads of hats because of the unique, humorous, and/or silly mascots/logos. I'm old and out of touch now, so is that still popular? Seems like moving Sluggerbird to the cap is an attempt at selling hats for the kitsch factor as much as anything else (while being fully aware that every time any sports team changes the look of a piece of equipment, it drives sales to those who "always have to have the latest").

double d
Coach Level

Post by double d »

PeteRasche wrote:Is it still "a thing" to have kitschy baseball caps? I remember it was back in the 90s when so many minor-league teams started selling boatloads of hats because of the unique, humorous, and/or silly mascots/logos. I'm old and out of touch now, so is that still popular? Seems like moving Sluggerbird to the cap is an attempt at selling hats for the kitsch factor as much as anything else (while being fully aware that every time any sports team changes the look of a piece of equipment, it drives sales to those who "always have to have the latest").

The minor leagues still have lots of crazy looking hats. I was in Montgomery for a week last summer for work. We went to a couple of Montgomery Biscuit games, nice little downtown park. They had about 6 or 7 versions of their hats in the gift shop, the mascot was a Biscuit in a uniform carrying a bat.....had to buy one of those hats.

FW
Cornerstone

Post by FW »

This is horrible. This is horrible. Did I mention it’s horrible? Why does baseball still use the T-Wave logo?

Poseidon
President's Circle

Post by Poseidon »

Agreed. If they are set on using Riptide then just use his head. Imagine just the head of the logo below.
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM

CT Wave
Coach Level

Post by CT Wave »

I thought this was a special hat for only one game.

Might as well give y'all a sneak peek of our new lids for #NationalHatDay.
"You're not here on scholarship to lose. I didn't recruit you to lose. Losing is abnormal; losing is unusual; losing is unacceptable. That's not what we're here for."
Bob Knight

FW
Cornerstone

Post by FW »

Ok. That’s fine, but my point remains. As of last year, we still had the T-Wave on our uniforms.

IM42lane
Riptide Level

Post by IM42lane »

Since we are talking about hats on this thread . . . .

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/sear ... ction=view
A. S. Madere
7816 Board Drive
St. George, LA 70817-6045

Email: IM42lane@yahoo.com

WaveProf
Emerald Circle

Post by WaveProf »

I like Riptide. I don't like how we've minimized him. I like the reggae Riptide better than the new one.

But I hate, hate, hate this baseball design. Cheap knockoff of the Cardinals. Looks silly. Always has. Both on the uniform shirts, and now on the hats.
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16

visualmagic
President's Circle

Post by visualmagic »

WaveProf wrote:I like Riptide. I don't like how we've minimized him. I like the reggae Riptide better than the new one.

But I hate, hate, hate this baseball design. Cheap knockoff of the Cardinals. Looks silly. Always has. Both on the uniform shirts, and now on the hats.

The jerseys are a cardinals knockoff but they look good. Almost everyone likes them.

I don’t love this hat, but then again I don’t think the angry wave looks that great on the baseball hat either. I like the white hat green bill and the old black hat green bill we wore during the Jones era. Not a huge fan of the all green hats. White hat, blue Bill was good too.

We actually had a hat very similar to this during the end of the RJ era. somewhere in 2010-2013, with Riptide on a bat. Not sure if we wore during games or just practice.

FW
Cornerstone

Post by FW »

visualmagic wrote:
WaveProf wrote:I like Riptide. I don't like how we've minimized him. I like the reggae Riptide better than the new one.

The jerseys are a cardinals knockoff but they look good. Almost everyone likes them.

I don’t love this hat, but then again I don’t think the angry wave looks that great on the baseball hat either. I like the white hat green bill and the old black hat green bill we wore during the Jones era. Not a huge fan of the all green hats. White hat, blue Bill was good too.

We actually had a hat very similar to this during the end of the RJ era. somewhere in 2010-2013, with Riptide on a bat. Not sure if we wore during games or just practice.
But it's our logo. Just get rid of the damn T-Wave. I'd be fine if we went with the old school interlocking TU like football did. Miami baseball uses an old school M just for baseball. Just get rid of the damn T-Wave. If the the Angry Wave looks bad, and riptide does, go with the interlocking TU.

windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

His name is pecker. We spoke. Just because the asshats ignored us doesn't change his name.
#cousins don't count

1309th WAVE
Regent's Circle

Post by 1309th WAVE »

Looks like we'll have a new uniform template too with Nike. Friday white sluggerbirds now have button trim.

windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

I hate our uniforms
#cousins don't count

Johnny Mac
Regent's Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

windywave wrote:I hate our uniforms
really?

YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest

visualmagic
President's Circle

Post by visualmagic »

1309th WAVE wrote:Looks like we'll have a new uniform template too with Nike. Friday white sluggerbirds now have button trim.

We wore something very close to that with Pierce

PeteRasche
Emerald Circle

Post by PeteRasche »

Anyone who hates the Cardinals hates our uniforms. Specifically, in this case, Cubs fans..

waverider
Emerald Circle

Post by waverider »

PeteRasche wrote:Anyone who hates the Cardinals hates our uniforms. Specifically, in this case, Cubs fans..
I’m a Cubs fan but I don’t mind the sluggerbirds. Mostly because it’s unique to college baseball (as far as I know). Rick Jones LOVES the Cardinals which is why we have that design. Jewett said he really likes the look as well.
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson

visualmagic
President's Circle

Post by visualmagic »

PeteRasche wrote:Anyone who hates the Cardinals hates our uniforms. Specifically, in this case, Cubs fans..
That appears to be the case. Which is silly. There’s plenty of teams that I don’t like that I know have nice uniforms.

tjtlja
President's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

Are we actually playing with green gloves?

Seeing that picture of Keagan is unreal. I remember him as a very thin 19 year-old. Now he is 22 years old man that has really transformed his body. A great guy who has been through a lot. Hope he has a great senior season.

My projected starters -

1B - Mathews
2B - Artigues
SS - Trevor Minder
3B - Bedgood
LF - Johnson
CF - Haskin
RF - Glancy
C - Luis Aviles

Weekend Rotation

Friday - Gillies
Saturday - ??
Sunday - ???
Midweek - ????

Closer - Pellerin

Middle Relief - Campbell, Johnson, Price

Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Post by Yankeewave »

least excited I have been for a season in some time.

WaveProf
Emerald Circle

Post by WaveProf »

The last time I checked in on major league baseball I completely hated the Cardinals because that was the height of the reds versus Cardinals hatred. I super hated them beyond any other baseball rivalry I can remember. But there are lots of teams I just like whose uniform still look good to me. I’m not that petty. My reasons for hating Tulane baseball uniforms have nothing to do with my opinion of the Cardinals.

As for the use of the Crest T, it is still our official logo, and still used in a variety of places/ways. TD made a point of leaving it the official logo even as he moved emphasis to angry wave.
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16