Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: WHY????????????
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:48 pm 
Breaker Level

Dammit!!!!!! I have not uttered one friggin word about baseball this year so I would not jinx them. I wanted to be able to make some smartazz comments at the end of the year to some of my family, friends, & few peeps on this board.

But no......this friggin cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, di(kless, hopeless, heartless, fat-azzed, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed, sack of monkey shiz virus has ruined everything! HALLELUJAH! HOLY SHIZ! Where's the Tylenol?

Post subject: Re: WHY????????????
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:09 pm 
Regent's Circle

BACONWAVE wrote:
Dammit!!!!!! I have not uttered one friggin word about baseball this year so I would not jinx them. I wanted to be able to make some smartazz comments at the end of the year to some of my family, friends, & few peeps on this board.

But no......this friggin cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, di(kless, hopeless, heartless, fat-azzed, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed, sack of monkey shiz virus has ruined everything! HALLELUJAH! HOLY SHIZ! Where's the Tylenol?

Forget the Tylenol; go for the Martinis like so many of your brothers (and sisters)-in-arms on this forum!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:26 pm 
President's Circle

15-2 and a great pitching matchup tonight. We were all looking so forward to it. We just have to wait another year. If they want, Matthews, Artigues, Ty Johnson, Trent Johnson, Gillies, and Price will more than likely have the opportunity to come back. The other concern will be the draft with eligible players being Matthews, Ty Johnson, Gillies, Olthoff, Campbell, Aviles, Aldrich, Pellerin, Slagel, and Benoit. For those that have seen the games in person, who would you expect to get drafted?

Bacon, who do you expect to get drafted?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:35 pm 
Regent's Circle

Olthoff would be a high round pick and as an older pitcher with stock better than he's ever had I wouldn't fault him for taking the bag

we already know how hard it is for senior position players to have leverage in the draft process but this is something completely unforeseen and there are a lot of things that are impossible to predict, like how the NCAA will approach eligibility for spring sports. They already said they are "planning" to do something for players who had their careers cut short, but it's the NCAA. I can't make them do the right thing.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:40 am 
Emerald Circle

1309th WAVE wrote:
Olthoff would be a high round pick and as an older pitcher with stock better than he's ever had I wouldn't fault him for taking the bag

we already know how hard it is for senior position players to have leverage in the draft process but this is something completely unforeseen and there are a lot of things that are impossible to predict, like how the NCAA will approach eligibility for spring sports. They already said they are "planning" to do something for players who had their careers cut short, but it's the NCAA. I can't make them do the right thing.

With the shortened season and how new he is to pitching, I wonder how much Olthoff has been scouted and what that will do to his draft prospects?