Ian Gibaut

In memory of Howie, Sr., get Updates on your favorite former Tulane players & coaches & discuss their careers.
MNAlum
Coach Level

Ian Gibaut

Post by MNAlum »

https://www.mlb.com/player/ian-gibaut-664139

Made it the bigs with Texas Rangers!
Last edited by MNAlum on Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Re: Ian Gibault

Post by Yankeewave »

got a high ERA right now.

A. Loup is doing well though

Baywave1
Regent's Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

I have to admit I didn't see this one coming although I guess Manny M. did.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/296 ... grand-slam

gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

Baywave1 wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:08 pm
I have to admit I didn't see this one coming although I guess Manny M. did.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/296 ... grand-slam
I saw the name and thought "that's not our Gibaut, is it?!"

Sure enough
Last edited by gerryb323 on Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hashtagStopbunting
hashtagStopPUNTING!

1309th WAVE
Regent's Circle

Post by 1309th WAVE »

But other than that... Ian has the most bullpen appearances on the team and has a pretty good reverse split against lefties this year. Don't look up the rest of his stats if you don't need to :-D

glad he's getting a chance to break in with a MLB team but he and the rest of that group are gonna take some lumps so to speak

ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

1309th WAVE wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:58 pm
But other than that... Ian has the most bullpen appearances on the team and has a pretty good reverse split against lefties this year. Don't look up the rest of his stats if you don't need to :-D

glad he's getting a chance to break in with a MLB team but he and the rest of that group are gonna take some lumps so to speak
Will be interesting to see what happens to lefties if the stupid 3 batter minimum rule sticks around.

1309th WAVE
Regent's Circle

Post by 1309th WAVE »

ml wave wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:07 am
1309th WAVE wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:58 pm

Will be interesting to see what happens to lefties if the stupid 3 batter minimum rule sticks around.
They can't claim to be pro-player and make a rule that's going to shorten the careers of left handed one out guys (or LOOGYs as I like to call em). Same with 30+ year old ballplayers in general getting priced out of their second contracts because ownerships want to go younger and cheaper. My hatred for Rob Manfred is such that I oughta ask FS54 for a juju thread about him. But that's another topic for another board on the forum innit

Baywave1
Regent's Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

1309th WAVE wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:31 pm

They can't claim to be pro-player and make a rule that's going to shorten the careers of left handed one out guys (or LOOGYs as I like to call em). Same with 30+ year old ballplayers in general getting priced out of their second contracts because ownerships want to go younger and cheaper. My hatred for Rob Manfred is such that I oughta ask FS54 for a juju thread about him. But that's another topic for another board on the forum innit
Who is "they?" A Commissioner ? MLB today is about the most "pro player" sports league that has ever existed.

The MLBPA is the most powerful (and successful by many measures) union in America today, maybe the most powerful in the history of labor relations in America. If they want to protect the Chad Loup's of the baseball world, they have more than enough stroke to do that and more.

There is an easy solution to the "second contract" dilemma. Dramatically raise the minimum salary. Then a free agent vet doesn't look so expensive even the second time around. If the MLBPA decides that's a priority then we will see it in the next collective bargaining agreement.

I'm agnostic on this. Let the billionaires and multi-millionaires duke it out. I just want to see baseball.

gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

Are you out of the (Aaron, btw) Loup? :lol:
hashtagStopbunting
hashtagStopPUNTING!

Baywave1
Regent's Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

good point. Who is Chad Loup?

The rules about 3 batter minimums and stopping position players from pitching are absurd. (But hey I'm ok watching pitchers hit too. That battle was lost 50 years ago.)

I wish Aaron well and he has managed to survive a long time in MLB with a narrow specialty. May he continue.

As I said, I just want to see baseball. Besides the COVD effect, a work stoppage with the next contract negotiation seems inevitable.

ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

Baywave1 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:47 am
1309th WAVE wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:31 pm

Who is "they?" A Commissioner ? MLB today is about the most "pro player" sports league that has ever existed.

The MLBPA is the most powerful (and successful by many measures) union in America today, maybe the most powerful in the history of labor relations in America. If they want to protect the Chad Loup's of the baseball world, they have more than enough stroke to do that and more.

There is an easy solution to the "second contract" dilemma. Dramatically raise the minimum salary. Then a free agent vet doesn't look so expensive even the second time around. If the MLBPA decides that's a priority then we will see it in the next collective bargaining agreement.

I'm agnostic on this. Let the billionaires and multi-millionaires duke it out. I just want to see baseball.
Not sure this is still true under the "leadership" of Tony Clark...baseball salaries have been basically flat for five years. https://www.statista.com/statistics/236 ... -baseball/
This was primarily done by gutting free agency via tying it to draft compensation.

wavedom
Coach Level

Post by wavedom »

MNAlum wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:47 am
https://www.mlb.com/player/ian-gibaut-664139

Made it the bigs with Texas Rangers!
BTW, there is no L in his last name.
Here we come!

MNAlum
Coach Level