2022 NFL Playoffs

Updates on your favorite former Tulane players & coaches & discuss their careers.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Re: 2022 NFL Playoffs

Post by PeteRasche »

doncecco wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:27 am Everybody b!tching about OT rules, but if you can't prevent the other team from scoring when they get the ball on their own 25 with 13 secs left, do you really deserve a second chance???
Most people are complaining because that ending was so much fun they hated to see it end! :mrgreen: Seriously, if it were like college where you had to score and stop the opponent, it might still be going this morning.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

Kicking through the end zone was mistake number 1

Then just hold everyone!
STOP BUNTING gaddammit!!
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

PeteRasche wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:53 am
doncecco wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:27 am Everybody b!tching about OT rules, but if you can't prevent the other team from scoring when they get the ball on their own 25 with 13 secs left, do you really deserve a second chance???
Most people are complaining because that ending was so much fun they hated to see it end! :mrgreen: Seriously, if it were like college where you had to score and stop the opponent, it might still be going this morning.
Even with the two point conversion rule!

Field goal shootout with non-kickers
STOP BUNTING gaddammit!!
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

PeteRasche wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:40 pm Yup. The 27-3 jinx didn't stick.

All three games won by walkoff FGs by the visitor so far. Buffalo, you're up! 8)
28-3 #neverforget
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

As someone who casually roots for the Saints when they're playing anyone but my team, I'm just gonna put this here.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/beng ... e-way/amp/

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Yeah, I know our QB and star rookie receiver are from that school, but the Chiefs have some of "them" too, and we have a Greenie who plays quite a bit (Sample) and technically have rights to Donnie Lewis too...
doncecco
President's Circle

Post by doncecco »

PeteRasche wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:51 pm As someone who casually roots for the Saints when they're playing anyone but my team, I'm just gonna put this here.

Yeah, I know our QB and star rookie receiver are from that school, but the Chiefs have some of "them" too, and we have a Greenie who plays quite a bit (Sample) and technically have rights to Donnie Lewis too...
Not hard to do Pete. First of all, I have always kinda pulled for the Bengals, not sure why, but maybe because they played the Niners twice in SBs and I wanted the Niners to lose. And you already mentioned Sample.

But also:

1 - The Niners and Rams are right behind the Failclowns and Cowboys as most-hated teams for Saints fans. I absolutely don't want to see either of them win, and especially the Rams with their star-studded team and flashy coach who benefited from the No Call.

2 - As much as I despise LSU more than just about anything, Burrow is hard to pull against. He checks all the boxes of a guy you want to pull for. And Chase is really good, a NOLA boy, without the primadonna BS, so far at least, that circles Beckham.

3 - T-Rex and Vonn Bell - former Saints who left on good terms, and easy to pull for. Eli Apple, OTOH.....

4 - Kindred spirits - Bengals fandom has to be much like Saints fandom pre-2006.

5 - The weakest of the reasons, but nonetheless, KC has already been crowned in some respects, so always exciting to see David take down Goliath. I actually also like Mahomes and KC in general, but they've gotten to this point, this year, at least due to overwhelming amounts of luck.

So Who Dey!
Bring home da Wave!
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

PeteRasche wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:51 pm As someone who casually roots for the Saints when they're playing anyone but my team, I'm just gonna put this here.

As a kid, I really liked the Bengals teams of the '80s, in large part to my random affinity for James Brooks and because I thought the helmets were cool. Will definitely be rooting for whichever AFC team wins, for the reasons doncecco outlined.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

Cam Sample is Super Bowl bound!
krewe of ham and eggs
President's Circle

Post by krewe of ham and eggs »

At least it spares us from seeing mahomes' fiance and brother on social media 🙄🙄🙄
AnY iMaGeS yOu PoRtRaY wIlL bE rEpReSeNtAtIvE oF tHe TeAm YoU sUpPoRt
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

krewe of ham and eggs wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:56 pm At least it spares us from seeing mahomes' fiance and brother on social media 🙄🙄🙄
Somehow I doubt this defeat will keep Jackson Mahomes off social media.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

Wow, apparently I have missed this whole "Mahomes family on Twitter" thing. I guess I don't follow enough people. Darn. 8)

Last time Bengals made the Super Bowl they featured 2 starting Tulane players, one on O and one on D (Rodney Holman and Eric Thomas). Hopefully the result is better this time!
Marathon Wave
President's Circle

Post by Marathon Wave »

I with you on that, Pete.
The only thing even in this world is the number of hours in a day.
The difference between winning or losing is what you do with those hours.
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

PeteRasche wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:54 pm Wow, apparently I have missed this whole "Mahomes family on Twitter" thing. I guess I don't follow enough people. Darn. 8)

Last time Bengals made the Super Bowl they featured 2 starting Tulane players, one on O and one on D (Rodney Holman and Eric Thomas). Hopefully the result is better this time!
Speaking of Rodney Holman...

Tulane great Rodney Holman recalls ‘Super’ days with Bengals, revels in current Cincinnati success
Victory is never permanent
wavedom
President's Circle

Post by wavedom »

OGSB wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:01 am
PeteRasche wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:54 pm Wow, apparently I have missed this whole "Mahomes family on Twitter" thing. I guess I don't follow enough people. Darn. 8)

Tulane great Rodney Holman recalls ‘Super’ days with Bengals, revels in current Cincinnati success
He forgot Cam Sample.
We deserve so much better
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

wavedom wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:46 am
OGSB wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:01 am

He forgot Cam Sample.
And to have an editor proofread it...
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

Although he had suffered a groin injury, Cam Sample had full practices in LA Wednesday through today and is not expected to even be listed on the injury report. Great news, let's hope he makes some big plays in the big game.

Tulane really has had a surprising number of guys on Super Bowl rosters despite our general level of (lack of?) success.