2023 Football Recruiting Thread

In memory of Wayne Picou, this forum is dedicated to all Green Wave recruiting and signing.
Marathon Wave
Regent's Circle

Re: 2023 Football Recruiting Thread

Post by Marathon Wave »

tulaneoutlaw wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:49 pm
Marathon Wave wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:38 pm Could a decommit happen because player was told we were no longer interested? Would/Do coaches advise recruits when this happens?
Just asking. Don't know.
Yes. There are a lot of offers made that aren't actually committable. It let's the player know a team is interested, but they aren't the first choice. That happens more at the sec and b10 level, but it is absolutely the case that decommits happen because the team said they no longer had a schollie for the player.
Thanks, outlaw. I thought it would make sense to work that way.
MOVING ON UP!
The only thing even in this world is the number of hours in a day.
The difference between winning or losing is what you do with those hours.
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Post by Yankeewave »

Seems like we are losing guys to P5s again, hope we have some guys waiting in the wings.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

Again, recovery and replacement is the thing Fritz has always done in recruiting and this time he’s selling a possible champion.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

Blood commits to Missouri. Big loss at a position of need. Don’t surprised if we cannot hang on to a couple of the Destrehan kids.

Staff look like they will be scrambling for players as we head down the stretch. I think we will be busy in the portal.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

Really interested to see what we do in recruiting. How does today parlay into a great class. Where are you Kelly?
G-wave
Navigator Level

Post by G-wave »

This was a great regular season and we have two Big Time Games to play. We can thank a special SR class who was loaded with Talent and Leadership for this. Between these two games Coach WF has a big job of reloading this Roster. A back like Spears doesn't come along often but our problem is we only have 3 RB's on schollies and one is coming off a knee injury at a high risk position. At WR losing Dea Dea means we will lose 3 of our 5 player rotation Bohanon should replace one spot but theirs some work to do here. We have been spoiled for 3 years at TE with Wallace the blocking TE and James the Receiver . We lose two Studs on the OL Haynesworth and Claybrook but rumors are going around that OG Ray may not come back after two years of injuries. That would make 3 starters gone at a very thin position. DL we lose Hatcher and Philliphs but played a lot of lineman and with the return of Frelloux and the development of good looking TR FR Hamilton we should be good. How do you replace two Super stars at LB the best you can . Macha is a stud at one and RS FR Pratt is a really good one they are not Anderson and Williams but neither we they when they first can in, Coach Hester do your Magic. The problem is we need backups who can play now need to be found . If Canady is OK we should be very good at CB but we lose all 3 S 's FS SS NB not only are they starters but were Big Time players for us. Douglas and Despanie came on at mid season an should be good starters bot we have one spot open with no proven backups.It looks like we will hit the Portal Heavy. The big flaw with my post is I don't know who in the RS FR class (I think 14) will be impact players. If we don't hit our needs in DEC don't hit the panic button their will be lots of good talent left in the second period and the big boys should be almost of of schollies. As for the Portal you can't enter till DEC 5 so there should be two months of kids looking for homes.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

Today we offered Cincy QB commit Brady Drogosh. How brutal of Fritz. And a few other programs looking to loot their commitment list.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
atxwave
Riptide Level

Post by atxwave »

With early signing day for football just a few weeks away, I was wondering if we could get an update on who is committed? It's been rather quiet around here...are we keeping our recruiting on the down low?
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

long green wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:27 pm Today we offered Cincy QB commit Brady Drogosh. How brutal of Fritz. And a few other programs looking to loot their commitment list.
Other teams don’t feel bad doing that to us with a returning coach so too bad for them.

With a conf championship game, top 25 ranking and a coach announcing that he’s staying I would think recruiting will be ok.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Post by Yankeewave »

The Cincy recruit might also be looking elsewhere since Prater will prob be very good.
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Post by Poseidon »

waverider wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:35 pm
long green wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:27 pm Today we offered Cincy QB commit Brady Drogosh. How brutal of Fritz. And a few other programs looking to loot their commitment list.
Other teams don’t feel bad doing that to us with a returning coach so too bad for them.

With a conf championship game, top 25 ranking and a coach announcing that he’s staying I would think recruiting will be ok.
I am wondering how this will effect our attractiveness in the portal. Usually a good season pays off in the cycle after the notable winning season, not during. So we could have a very good 24 class. I wonder if Wes Fritz can follow some of the Stanford players and recruits on Twitter. They did lose their coach because they are refusing to get in the NIL game.
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

4 committed players have tweeted that they’re coming in for official visits this weekend or next. I’m sure there are bunch more but the four so far are Dickson Agu (he tweeted that over a week ago), Joshua Goines, Joshua Moore, and Joker Johnson.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

3 Star Edge/LB Matthew Fobbs-White from Neville says he’s visiting this weekend.

From what I can tell he has offers from UAB, ULL and Grambling St.
Tulane Greenbackers

waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

Coach Sherman had an in-home visit with Trey Cornish, a 3* HS RB from Cincinnati. 247 lists him as having offers from a bunch of schools including Tulane, Kentucky, Michigan St, ECU, West Va, Georgia Tech. They have him as the #38 RB in the country.
Tulane Greenbackers

PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

waverider wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:02 pm Coach Sherman had an in-home visit with Trey Cornish, a 3* HS RB from Cincinnati. 247 lists him as having offers from a bunch of schools including Tulane, Kentucky, Michigan St, ECU, West Va, Georgia Tech. They have him as the #38 RB in the country.
I believe his last name is Cornist (spell check might have gotten you). Winton Woods HS is Div 2 (2nd largest) but they're usually pretty good and not afraid to play against some of the Div 1 heavyweights around here. I didn't pay attention to how they did this past year though.

If we were on him before the Cincinnati game and he came to see it, I'd imagine he watched Spears destroy the Bearcats and left with a pretty good impression of what Tulane can do with RBs.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

It is Cornist. Spellcheck strikes again. I haven’t developed a habit of proofreading my posts before submitting :lol:
Tulane Greenbackers

tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

WR Harvey Broussard has committed to Memphis.

RB/S Caleb Komolafe will announce his decision today.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

waverider wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:02 pm Coach Sherman had an in-home visit with Trey Cornish, a 3* HS RB from Cincinnati. 247 lists him as having offers from a bunch of schools including Tulane, Kentucky, Michigan St, ECU, West Va, Georgia Tech. They have him as the #38 RB in the country.
Offer from Georgia Tech? Odd.
purplehaz3
Navigator Level

Post by purplehaz3 »

There's a high likelihood that 4 star LB Ashley Williams will commit to Tulane. He just decommitted from Auburn and announced an at-home visit with Tulane as "God's Plan". Would be one of the best Tulane recruits in decades.

https://247sports.com/player/ashley-williams-46130521/
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

purplehaz3 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:29 pm There's a high likelihood that 4 star LB Ashley Williams will commit to Tulane. He just decommitted from Auburn and announced an at-home visit with Tulane as "God's Plan". Would be one of the best Tulane recruits in decades.

Thanks for the info. If it happens, that would be terrific. Zachary ties would be even stronger. Hope Colorado isn’t involved.

Caleb Komolafe committed to Northwestern.

Wonder how we are doing with WR’s?
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

Guerry on his pay site has a list of visitors. Strong including an old favorite and some portal peoples.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

The coaches are working their butts off. Trying to cash in on a terrific season. Let’s keep this train rolling. And hope Dannen is working the phones.

So STOKED about this group visiting. And next week may be even better. This is the best group I have ever seen visiting us. What a year and can be capped by getting some of these guys to come on board.

Trey Cornist named his final 7 and it is Tulane, Kentucky, ECU, Michigan State, Louisville, Kansas State, and West Virginia. When asked about Tulane he said -

Tulane:

"Tulane has a solid head coach that loves to win. Their running backs coach (Derrick Sherman) is from my home town, so we connect really well. I love what the program is on its way to becoming."

By the way, he is not visiting this weekend.
Last edited by tjtlja on Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

Cornist has us in his top 7, two of which we beat this year.

Tulane Greenbackers

tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

Waverider, see the information I added to my post above. Going to be hard to get. The competition is outstanding. But Coach Sherman is fighting for this guy. You never know. Fritz has a great history with getting RB’s to the league.
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Post by Yankeewave »

purplehaz3 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:29 pm There's a high likelihood that 4 star LB Ashley Williams will commit to Tulane. He just decommitted from Auburn and announced an at-home visit with Tulane as "God's Plan". Would be one of the best Tulane recruits in decades.

You better not be kidding!