Pack Yulman

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
1309th WAVE
Regent's Circle

Re: Pack Yulman

Post by 1309th WAVE »

I wouldn’t oversell the buzzard takeover per se. They just wear yellow which is a color that benefits by contrast. I sat in the middle of allegedly an entire buzzard section and it was still ⅔ Tulane. Considering what we are (sigh) it was a good turnout. Unfortunately for us the Casual Tulane Fan might as well be a cryptid unless you have photographic evidence of them existing. Won’t see them again for another decade
GreenHeart
Riptide Level

Post by GreenHeart »

It was certainly a much better crowd than any I've seen in quite a while (maybe since the Georgia Tech game that opened Yulman). Most students stayed through the 4th quarter which was a first. If that was caused by giving away a MacBook laptop, let's do it every game.

As far as the other promotions go, let's talk $3 beer. Now I'm not much of a beer drinker and I doubt if I drink a dozen beers annually. Nevertheless, my interest was piqued with the promotion and I was curious if any additional seats were filled by the promise of cheap drinks. When I got to the stadium, I decided I would celebrate our imminent victory and 4-0 record by enjoying a $3 Miller HiLife. It's certainly not my favorite beer, and personally, I think it tastes as if it came from a horse, but I digress.

I began my search for the $3 holy grail near the entrance of the stadium (nope) and then on to the concourse at ground level below Glazer. I went to a couple of concession stands selling beer only to be told, "nope...not here...somewhere else in the stadium but I don't know where". I proceeded to ask several different Yulman employees where I should go. Not one had any idea nor were they even aware of such a promotion.

At this point, I was a man on a mission. I was going to find a damned $3 beer if I had to miss the entire game. I finally located two small booths on the west side, each with a tiny sign (about the size of a magazine cover) stating "$3 BEER THIS WAY" followed by an arrow pointing somewhere other than the kiosk that was selling the brewskis.

MORAL OF THE STORY: What kind of promotion is this? If you're peddling cheap beer, have a number of vendors, lots of signs, and let the stadium employees know about it. Know what else? I was nearly as disappointed with the Miller HiLife as I was with the outcome of the game, but I'm not emotionally recovered to a state where I can speak of that.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

The moral of the story is it’s Tulane business as usual. Great story and thanks for providing you treasure search. Just like the game, this Tulane at its finest. Very surprised the arrows didn’t have you crossing Claiborne. What an organization. They simply don’t care. They are cheap and they were probably told by the executive team to put together a two word documents in 8 size font pointing my you to an obscure toilet. LMAO.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

PeteRasche wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:44 am Nobody craps the bed in "turning point, bring out the crowd, there's a buzz about this team" games like Tulane. Nobody.

33 years watching us and there have been maybe 8 to 10 in that time, and only one year did we NOT. 1998.
This is you, beforehand, declaring the Houston game that we went on to win on the fake kneel/McCleskey TD as one of your statement/watershed games. There are other instances just like this on the forum but I don't have the time to look them up. But, I will agree with you that if we ignore the statement games that we've won, we're definitely 0-fer.

http://yogwf.com/viewtopic.php?p=754465 ... bf#p754465
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

ml wave wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:48 am
PeteRasche wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:44 am Nobody craps the bed in "turning point, bring out the crowd, there's a buzz about this team" games like Tulane. Nobody.

33 years watching us and there have been maybe 8 to 10 in that time, and only one year did we NOT. 1998.
This is you, beforehand, declaring the Houston game that we went on to win on the fake kneel/McCleskey TD as one of your statement/watershed games. There are other instances just like this on the forum but I don't have the time to look them up. But, I will agree with you that if we ignore the statement games that we've won, we're definitely 0-fer.

Cool of you to spend your morning researching that. I'll own that. So we won one turning-point game, on a miracle play that was honestly more a failure of the opposing coach. We played a bunch of cupcakes after that and got a few more wins but then blew it by losing badly to the better teams at the end of the year.

I guess the point you're proving is we're Tulane, we'll never turn the corner, our fanbase will never grow. That make you feel better?
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

PeteRasche wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:53 am

Cool of you to spend your morning researching that. I'll own that. So we won one turning-point game, on a miracle play that was honestly more a failure of the opposing coach. We played a bunch of cupcakes after that and got a few more wins but then blew it by losing badly to the better teams at the end of the year.

I guess the point you're proving is we're Tulane, we'll never turn the corner, our fanbase will never grow. That make you feel better?
It took about 10 minutes. I know there's another thread on here somewhere of us having the exact same discussion with different examples.

That's the point you're making, no? We lose every important game with a chance to generate buzz? Projection much?
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

ml wave wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:49 pm

It took about 10 minutes. I know there's another thread on here somewhere of us having the exact same discussion with different examples.

That's the point you're making, no? We lose every important game with a chance to generate buzz? Projection much?
I hope you didn't charge those 10 minutes to a client.

Digging up a thread from 3 years ago and referencing a discussion that's at least 15 years old to try to call someone out over a meaningless board post... what should we call that? Not the first or even second or third time you've done that, either, I still think you keep a spreadsheet of people's opinions just so you can pull them out years later. Shame, I thought you'd gotten past that pettiness.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

PeteRasche wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:10 pm
ml wave wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:49 pm

I hope you didn't charge those 10 minutes to a client.

Digging up a thread from 3 years ago and referencing a discussion that's at least 15 years old to try to call someone out over a meaningless board post... what should we call that? Not the first or even second or third time you've done that, either, I still think you keep a spreadsheet of people's opinions just so you can pull them out years later. Shame, I thought you'd gotten past that pettiness.
A good memory?