Will Hall is a better Coach than Fritz

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
QuarterbackU
Regent's Circle

Will Hall is a better Coach than Fritz

Post by QuarterbackU »

Exponentially better in multiple phases: Focus, Details, Adjustments, and Motivation.

If Hall doesn’t leave this year, we lose to USM by 21+ next year.
Tulane Alum | T-Club Member | Season Ticket Holder
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Re: Will Hall is a better Coach than Fritz

Post by NJwave »

Yes. Fritz is vastly overrated.
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

We will never do better than 6-6 under Fritz. It's year 7. Losing this one is inexcusable.

I'm open to the possibility that it isn't possible to do better than .500 at Tulane in this era
DCGreenie
Coach Level

Post by DCGreenie »

Will Hall is a better OC than Svoboda......
krewe of ham and eggs
President's Circle

Post by krewe of ham and eggs »

DCGreenie wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:21 pm Will Hall is a better OC than Svoboda......
Eric Price might be after watching this game (kidding...but this game plan sucked)
AnY iMaGeS yOu PoRtRaY wIlL bE rEpReSeNtAtIvE oF tHe TeAm YoU sUpPoRt
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

DCGreenie wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:21 pm Will Hall is a better OC than Svoboda......
I think Svoboda was channeling the Kansas State OC tonight.. his play calling was mind boggling and not in a good way
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
krewe of ham and eggs
President's Circle

tulaneoutlaw wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:14 pm We will never do better than 6-6 under Fritz. It's year 7. Losing this one is inexcusable.

I'm open to the possibility that it isn't possible to do better than .500 at Tulane in this era
Meanwhile Kansas is 4-0 in year 2 with their HC
WaveProf
Emerald Circle

Post by WaveProf »

I’m not trying to entirely negate will hall appreciation, but it’s not like USM looked a quarter to good tonight. Heck, they were lucky to be in that game let alone win it. This is much more on us IMO. inexcusable. Embarrassing. Typical.
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
DrHullabaloo
Navigator Level

Post by DrHullabaloo »

WaveProf wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:02 pm I’m not trying to entirely negate will hall appreciation, but it’s not like USM looked a quarter to good tonight. Heck, they were lucky to be in that game let alone win it. This is much more on us IMO. inexcusable. Embarrassing. Typical.
This 100%

We lost by 3, and we missed a simple FG and had another one blocked. They didn’t win this game. We fell apart and had no aggressive plan to put them away when we could. Also our corners forgot they can also try to take passes away.
krewe of ham and eggs
President's Circle

Technically Will Hall has won the Bell three straight times
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

Coach Hall has done miracles in his short time at USM. I am happy for him. Great guy and can really coach.

Let’s be honest, what advantage in coaching will we have the rest of the year? Maybe one. It’s up for debate.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

WaveProf wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:02 pm I’m not trying to entirely negate will hall appreciation, but it’s not like USM looked a quarter to good tonight. Heck, they were lucky to be in that game let alone win it. This is much more on us IMO. inexcusable. Embarrassing. Typical.
I agree. They took advantage of our mistakes and had we played to win instead of playing not to lose, we win that game going away. If we made them drive the length of the field all game they don’t score more than 20 points.

Ironically, Frank Gore was complaining to me that “these coaches don’t know what they’re doing” when we held them to a FG late in the game.
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
Poseidon
President's Circle

Post by Poseidon »

Whether it's Pratt, Svoboda, or Fritz. The lack of a passing game any better than occasional decent gains was the main thing holding us back from winning by multiple scores last week and kept us from stressing the lead or responding to scores tonight. If they don't figure it out then we will not win more that 6-7 games this year.

If there is any possible silver lining it's perhaps Svoboda can figure this out. Again, so far he is the 4th OC under Frtiz to not be able to throw a passing game on the field when we are down or need to back the defense off.

Lastly Pratt did not give our WRs chances in 1 on 1 situations tonight. He either ate the sack or tucked and ran. We see where that got us. The man is tough, but that doody has to change.
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
wavedom
President's Circle

Post by wavedom »

He took those sacks and tucked and ran because our WR's can't get open.
We deserve so much better
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

wavedom wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:26 am He took those sacks and tucked and ran because our WR's can't get open.
This is a major problem. We have no receivers that can get open without scheming then that way. Without any threat of a downfield attack we are in trouble. The dink and dunk stuff doesn't work in today's game. We need more explosive plays
krewe of ham and eggs
President's Circle

wavedom wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:26 am He took those sacks and tucked and ran because our WR's can't get open.
Is that because of scheme, talent, or both?
Marathon Wave
President's Circle

Post by Marathon Wave »

DrHullabaloo wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:07 pm
This 100%

We lost by 3, and we missed a simple FG and had another one blocked. They didn’t win this game. We fell apart and had no aggressive plan to put them away when we could. Also our corners forgot they can also try to take passes away.
...and a blocked punt gives usm 3 pts (which could easily have been 7). Pick six for their defense. We had a lot going against us (admittedly, we created it, but, usm not as good as some may think).
MOVING ON UP!
The only thing even in this world is the number of hours in a day.
The difference between winning or losing is what you do with those hours.
Poseidon
President's Circle

Post by Poseidon »

tulaneoutlaw wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:55 am
This is a major problem. We have no receivers that can get open without scheming then that way. Without any threat of a downfield attack we are in trouble. The dink and dunk stuff doesn't work in today's game. We need more explosive plays
I saw multiple plays when they had 3 yards on DBs in coverage. Pratt completions were to wide open guys.
Pratt didn't throw the ball to 1 on 1 match-ups. He tucked and ran or took s sack.
Compare that to USM. Their QB gave their receivers plenty of 1 on 1 chances. Our dbs knocked some away but they completed som big passes. We actually did this vs umass.
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
Man in Green
Regent's Circle

Post by Man in Green »

What about that pass in the end zone to Watts right before the block FG? That looked like they could have called PI in that.
"Don't hit me with those negative waves so early in the morning" Oddball to Moriarty in Kelly's Heroes
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

I yelled for it at the time. On the replay it looked like good defense. Wouldn’t want that called on me.
The gap between the top of the big leagues and their bottom is now bigger than the gap between their bottom and us - P.R. told me to do this
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

I’m starting to wonder if the coaches are losing confidence in Pratt as a passer. As I mentioned last night, he had open receivers but either didn’t see them quick enough or didn’t have time from being pressured. Seemed like a lot of the pressure was from him holding on too long.
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

Poseidon
President's Circle

Post by Poseidon »

waverider wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:15 am I’m starting to wonder if the coaches are losing confidence in Pratt as a passer. As I mentioned last night, he had open receivers but either didn’t see them quick enough or didn’t have time from being pressured. Seemed like a lot of the pressure was from him holding on too long.
I agree.
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
MattK
President's Circle

Post by MattK »

long green wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:00 am I yelled for it at the time. On the replay it looked like good defense. Wouldn’t want that called on me.
I sit in that end zone. It was a clear jersey tug by the defender after he was beat and has to be called.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

Some of it is on the play calling. We kept running on 1st and 2nd down with minimal gain putting us in a 3rd long. It’s hard to pass when the defense knows you have to. That goes back to the playing conservatively tight starting with the punt that pinned us deep.

If you think our passing game is lacking, I just posted on the AAC board that USF is the only team that has not thrown a passing TD yet this season.
Tulane Greenbackers

Luvs da Wave
Navigator Level

Post by Luvs da Wave »

Well, I guess Willie Fritz is a better coach than the Kansas State coach and an even better coach than the Oklahoma coach.