Houston prediction thread

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
speckled trout
Navigator Level

Houston prediction thread

Post by speckled trout »

Thankfully Tulane half-@ssed the Southern Miss game so they will be well rested for the short week

I honestly think we match up well with Houston this year. They have a lot of injuries and a very porous defense. Tulane bounces back and gets another road win

TU - 34
UH - 28
"You are unique, just like everyone else"
waverider
Cornerstone

Re: Houston prediction thread

Post by waverider »

Prediction thread gun jumped again.
Houston 75
Tulane 0

It’s how the universe works :lol:
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
Wandering Quaker
President's Circle

Post by Wandering Quaker »

Houston 38
Tulane 21
WaveProf
Emerald Circle

Post by WaveProf »

TU 31
Houston 28
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
Marathon Wave
President's Circle

Post by Marathon Wave »

WAVE 31
coogs 21
MOVING ON UP!
The only thing even in this world is the number of hours in a day.
The difference between winning or losing is what you do with those hours.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

Since it’s been thrown around on here, hypothetically, would your prediction change if Pratt didn’t start? I’m still considering what my actual prediction will be, but I started thinking of the scenario in which Pratt doesn’t start and if that diminishes our chances. I think we are going to rely a lot on our defense this season so it may not matter who starts, but if another QB starts, defenses may focus on stopping the run which will slow our offense down.
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

Winning in Houston is not unprecedented but it is rare. The betting has been hammering the under. I’ll say

UH 20 Tulane 17.
The gap between the top of the big leagues and their bottom is now bigger than the gap between their bottom and us - P.R. told me to do this
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

#18/#18
randymc
President's Circle

Post by randymc »

Tulane 41
Houston 28
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

waverider wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:06 pm Since it’s been thrown around on here, hypothetically, would your prediction change if Pratt didn’t start? I’m still considering what my actual prediction will be, but I started thinking of the scenario in which Pratt doesn’t start and if that diminishes our chances. I think we are going to rely a lot on our defense this season so it may not matter who starts, but if another QB starts, defenses may focus on stopping the run which will slow our offense down.
Considering that Fritz made pretty much zero mention of personnel on The Current today (other than mentioning a specific position (not a player name) that completely missed blocks on special teams).... I'm gonna put the chances of Pratt not starting at about 0.01%.

The Current interview today was the least informative this year, IMO. Just general comments and coach-speak. Couple that with there being no postgame press conference this past week (first time that happened), and we pretty much know nothing about what's going on with the team, where people's heads are, etc.
WaveProf
Emerald Circle

Post by WaveProf »

waverider wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:06 pm Since it’s been thrown around on here, hypothetically, would your prediction change if Pratt didn’t start? I’m still considering what my actual prediction will be, but I started thinking of the scenario in which Pratt doesn’t start and if that diminishes our chances. I think we are going to rely a lot on our defense this season so it may not matter who starts, but if another QB starts, defenses may focus on stopping the run which will slow our offense down.
I’m confident he’ll start. If he doesn’t I’d say HTown 44 TU 17
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
1309th WAVE
Regent's Circle

Post by 1309th WAVE »

No one has scored more than 2 offensive TDs on Tulane and only one team has more than 1
the trend continues

Tulane 24
Houston 13

another under game, another bountiful source of opponent ennui with which to make my cup RUNNETH over.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

PeteRasche wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:05 pm
Considering that Fritz made pretty much zero mention of personnel on The Current today (other than mentioning a specific position (not a player name) that completely missed blocks on special teams).... I'm gonna put the chances of Pratt not starting at about 0.01%.

The Current interview today was the least informative this year, IMO. Just general comments and coach-speak. Couple that with there being no postgame press conference this past week (first time that happened), and we pretty much know nothing about what's going on with the team, where people's heads are, etc.
I was surprised at the lack of highlights and interviews as well. Maybe just their way of flushing last week’s game.

Last week there was a lot talk of where the players’ heads were and look how that worked.

I brought up the Pratt thing because someone mentioned that it might be time to give Ibieta or Horton a chance so I wanted to see if, or how, that changes most people’s thoughts on this week’s game if he didn’t start.
Tulane Greenbackers

Baywave1
Regent's Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

I’d be more surprised by a Houston blowout than a Tulane one. I guess it will be low scoring and underish. It will look like Ellender ball

KSU recovered and beat OU in the road. For a breakout season, Tulane needs to do the same. May it happen
Wavery
Navigator Level

Post by Wavery »

Coach Fritz hopped on one leg on his way to the locker room at half. Not sure what happened but he clearly had a knee or foot injury. That may have played a roll in their not being a post game interview. He started off to the locker room with a noticeable limp with a pained look on his face then hopped all the way to the tunnel. Not sure if anyone else saw this.
Cheerleader
Coach Level

Post by Cheerleader »

I noticed the limp as well. It looked very painful. Surprised we haven't heard any more about it. The Athletic's betting guy, Stuart Mandel is picking Tulane as his upset special this week. He says KSU victory didn't look so good until they couldn't be stopped by Oklahoma. He is picking us 28-24. I will go along with him
Coach Level

Post by 1401973 »

Wavery wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:44 am Coach Fritz hopped on one leg on his way to the locker room at half. Not sure what happened but he clearly had a knee or foot injury. That may have played a roll in their not being a post game interview. He started off to the locker room with a noticeable limp with a pained look on his face then hopped all the way to the tunnel. Not sure if anyone else saw this.
He said something popped in his calf.
No matter, he should have done an interview.
Agree with Pete that it was an underwhelming Current. But I was pleased to hear that WF took some of the blame:
- the coaches didn't call the plays we should have
- he didn't "head coach" the way he should have
Man in Green
Regent's Circle

Post by Man in Green »

We have no pass rush.

Houston 31
Tulane 21
"Don't hit me with those negative waves so early in the morning" Oddball to Moriarty in Kelly's Heroes
WaveProf
Emerald Circle

Post by WaveProf »

1401973 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:11 am
He said something popped in his calf.
No matter, he should have done an interview.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
GretnaGreen
Head Trainer

Post by GretnaGreen »

Tulane 27
Houston 21
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

Since this is when (the day before) is normally start the prediction thread in weeks we won, I will bring the Earth’s rotation back into orbit by making my prediction at the same time.

I know Houston has a bunch of defenders hurt and they are going with white alternate helmets and we know how well those work.

This will be the best passing attack we have faced this year so the question, and our fate, is with the defense’s ability to make plays. Our offense on and off the field will have to be better than it was last week if we want to keep up and win.

I’d rather be happy than right!
Houston 28
Tulane 27

In the hypothetical world where Pratt doesn’t start:
Houston 34
Tulane 17
Tulane Greenbackers

wavedom
President's Circle

Post by wavedom »

I'm guessing it's his soleus muscle. It is very painful.
We deserve so much better
DCGreenie
Coach Level

Post by DCGreenie »

Wave 21 - Houston 17 -- as I said, a shootout
ALERT!!!

SARCASM!
Poseidon
President's Circle

Post by Poseidon »

waverider wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:29 pm Since this is when (the day before) is normally start the prediction thread in weeks we won, I will bring the Earth’s rotation back into orbit by making my prediction at the same time.

I know Houston has a bunch of defenders hurt and they are going with white alternate helmets and we know how well those work.

This will be the best passing attack we have faced this year so the question, and our fate, is with the defense’s ability to make plays. Our offense on and off the field will have to be better than it was last week if we want to keep up and win.

I’d rather be happy than right!
Houston 28
Tulane 27

In the hypothetical world where Pratt doesn’t start:
Houston 34
Tulane 17
I for one question Pratt's play, but I am not calling for him not to start. I want to see if he can throw accurately into coverage instead of tucking and running, or checking down. Perhaps the staff won't let that happen. I get the impression that the better we get the more conservative we get. Then we lose. Take more chances get better. Rinse and repeat.
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
LondonWave
Coach Level

Post by LondonWave »

Tulane 28
Cougars 27