Hedge or no?

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
1309th WAVE
Regent's Circle

Hedge or no?

Unread post by 1309th WAVE »

Among all the serious win total/futures positions I take in college football during the offseason, I always take Tulane's win total over and an AAC title ticket. o6 easily got to the window, and now this one... actually has legs. Anyone else holding a juicy longshot ticket on the Wave? Are you debating, dare I say... a hedge to guarantee a profit? I lean no, but interested to see if anyone else is considering it. Perhaps I let it ride and the proceeds go to making a Helluva Hullabaloo happen at a certain hypothetical tailgate that may or may not happen in Arlington in a month.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Re: Hedge or no?

Unread post by gerryb323 »

1309th WAVE wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:31 pm Image

Among all the serious win total/futures positions I take in college football during the offseason, I always take Tulane's win total over and an AAC title ticket. o6 easily got to the window, and now this one... actually has legs. Anyone else holding a juicy longshot ticket on the Wave? Are you debating, dare I say... a hedge to guarantee a profit? I lean no, but interested to see if anyone else is considering it. Perhaps I let it ride and the proceeds go to making a Helluva Hullabaloo happen at a certain hypothetical tailgate that may or may not happen in Arlington in a month.
Let it ride! Half for the tailgate, half for NIL!
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Baywave1 »

Good for you but 3500 lines are rare. $2000 or whatever your hedge offer is ain’t a bad return

Your bet now is simply would I gamble the hedge for $3500 pot? Yes if Tulane’s expected win percentage times $3500 is more than the hedge. If less than walk to the cashier with your insurance
1309th WAVE
Regent's Circle

Baywave1 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:43 pm Good for you but 3500 lines are rare. $2000 or whatever your hedge offer is ain’t a bad return

Your bet now is simply would I gamble the hedge for $3500 pot? Yes if Tulane’s expected win percentage times $3500 is more than the hedge. If less than walk to the cashier with your insurance
Likely backup QB muddies the calculus for me. Could get a better price on UCF's ML if the line keeps moving but OTOH that makes me like Tulane's side more. Letting it ride is the right sentimental play, if I'm going to let being a diehard get in the way of money. I'm a diehard who also likes money. Decisions, decisions...
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

If you hedge and we lose, I'm hunting you down. Who's with me?!
1309th WAVE
Regent's Circle

gerryb323 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:48 pm If you hedge and we lose, I'm hunting you down. Who's with me?!
So now it's a 3 way problem: sentiment vs. profit vs. valuing my own life

gotta get the TI-84 out for this one
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Gnumbas is right. Don’t mess with juju. Plus it’s $3500 in your pocket ( or phone account) on January 3rd.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Something tells me the offer on your hedge is trending downwards
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Have you run to the cashier yet to cash the hedge ?
QuarterbackU
Regent's Circle

Unread post by QuarterbackU »

Put a few bucks on UCF +3.5.

If Tulane wins by 1, 2, or 3 - you sweep the pot.
Tulane Alum | T-Club Member | Season Ticket Holder
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

You see what you did?!?! By just asking if you should hedge! Check the time stamps!
1309th WAVE
Regent's Circle

gerryb323 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:37 pm You see what you did?!?! By just asking if you should hedge! Check the time stamps!
line also went a point in a half in our direction since I asked. not hedging :king:

at least one of us is not fcking leaving
1309th WAVE
Regent's Circle

No hedge, in fact I doubled down on Tulane spread and did pretty decently playing some player props like Tyjae Spears o150 rushing yards and some yardage overs/anytime TD on Deuce Watts and Shae Wyatt. I will be paying forward a sizable chunk of that to the FTW collective.

Never doubted. This team came too far to lose.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

1309th WAVE wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:24 pm No hedge, in fact I doubled down on Tulane spread and did pretty decently playing some player props like Tyjae Spears o150 rushing yards and some yardage overs/anytime TD on Deuce Watts and Shae Wyatt. I will be paying forward a sizable chunk of that to the FTW collective.

Never doubted. This team came too far to lose.
Proud of you! Well done