ULM

Join other Green Wave fans to follow the games together in attom's Living Room and to report game scores. BYOB
(Use this forum for in-game updates and scores for ALL games for ALL teams, not just Tulane)
atxwave
Riptide Level

ULM

Unread post by atxwave »

Wave up 27-19 at the 4 minute tv time out. About what you'd expect. We shoot a lot of 3's and give up a lot of 3's.
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Re: ULM

Unread post by NJwave »

Forbes is on fire. We aren’t getting much from anybody else. We have only been to the line twice and missed both.
1309th WAVE
Regent's Circle

Unread post by 1309th WAVE »

Cook's presence is definitely making a difference. Pulling defensive gravity towards him and dishing some nice passes. Everything but point. When Forbes is torching like this might as well ride the hot hand. 19pts in 20 minutes :shock:
atxwave
Riptide Level

Unread post by atxwave »

35-24 Tulane at the half. We should be blowing this team out, but our deficiencies seem to be the same year in and year out: We can't defend against the 3....I've never seen so many players wide open to take a 3...even when we play a 2-3 zone; we take too many quick shots...many are 3's. I know that sounds counter intuitive but it's like we play like we're playing a pick up game on both ends of the court.
doc
President's Circle

Unread post by doc »

Tulane played a terrible first 10 minutes, but has an 11 point lead at halftime. Ty Pope and Coleman are not on the bench. If anyone hears anything about them on the broadcast, please post the information-Thanks
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Unread post by NJwave »

I ask this every game, is Percy Daniels injured? I don’t think he has played at all yet this year.
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Unread post by wavedom »

He was injured this summer and just recently started practicing again.
We deserve so much better
atxwave
Riptide Level

Unread post by atxwave »

Why do we insist on taking shots quickly in the half court set? Defense has improved this second half.
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Unread post by NJwave »

wavedom wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:56 pm He was injured this summer and just recently started practicing again.
Thanks.

I wish we played towards our strengths more. More Cross inside and getting to the line. Forbes, Cook and Coleman really are the only guys that should be taking 3s consistently.

This team should never get an offensive rebound against us. Pathetic.

Lead down to 9 after Cook gambles and does not get the steal and misses two threes with nobody in any kind of position for an offensive rebound. Get the ball inside and to the line.
atxwave
Riptide Level

Unread post by atxwave »

I think we're better without Cook. He plays very little defense and is a ball hog. One possession at the 13 minute mark he took the ball up the court and immediately jacked up a 3.
doc
President's Circle

Unread post by doc »

I just heard that Pope and Coleman have strep throat.
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Unread post by NJwave »

doc wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:21 pm I just heard that Pope and Coleman have strep throat.
We certainly have had our share of illness this year.

Lead down to 5. This is embarrassing.

Great pass by Days for a dunk.
atxwave
Riptide Level

Unread post by atxwave »

This is very ugly. I truly believe we have good players but something doesn't click.
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Unread post by NJwave »

I don’t have the words to properly describe how badly we are playing. Almost no ball movement and nobody even attempting to defend.
1309th WAVE
Regent's Circle

Unread post by 1309th WAVE »

frustrating. we should still pull away soon enough though
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Unread post by NJwave »

Cook for an easy basket at the hoop. It isn’t rocket science to realize we should just get to the basket. Drive and dish for 3 rather than just standstill jumpers.

Eureka. Lead at 13. Nothing but baskets inside.

Lead still at 13 with 1:33 to go.

It’s going to be an ugly year if we don’t play better.
atxwave
Riptide Level

Unread post by atxwave »

We have no plan...everything we do is based on our athleticism. There was a possession late in the 2nd half where Cook dribbled the entire shot clock and took a 3 from the top of the key that was a brick. I just don't understand what our plan is.