Anyone coming to Cincinnati?

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Anyone coming to Cincinnati?

Unread post by PeteRasche »

I figure very few out of towners because of being Thanksgiving Friday, but thought I'd ask.

There's been no word on a Tulane tailgate but I'm guessing that's for the same reason.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Re: Anyone coming to Cincinnati?

Unread post by tjtlja »

I might try to talk Jeremy into it. Thanksgiving will be an issue. Wish it was a night game.
QuarterbackU
Regent's Circle

Unread post by QuarterbackU »

PeteRasche wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:06 pm I figure very few out of towners because of being Thanksgiving Friday, but thought I'd ask.

There's been no word on a Tulane tailgate but I'm guessing that's for the same reason.
Just found a Thanksgiving night flight.
Tulane Alum | T-Club Member | Season Ticket Holder
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

QuarterbackU wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:25 am
PeteRasche wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:06 pm I figure very few out of towners because of being Thanksgiving Friday, but thought I'd ask.

Just found a Thanksgiving night flight.
If you are coming, PM me!
Johnny4
Navigator Level

Unread post by Johnny4 »

I will be there!

If anyone hears anything about a tailgate, let me know.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Johnny4 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:29 am I will be there!

I suspect the game being on Thanksgiving weekend caused them to never even bother with a tailgate plan (too many required folks off work).
(They also probably never expected this game to be critical or maybe even winnable?)
I texted the local alumni chapter president a few weeks ago and he had heard nothing... but our chapter is so dead that I suspect they don't even know who our president is. I know when he hit up Tulane for some support for a bowl-watching party several years ago, the alumni house had no idea so many alumni even lived here and acted like they needed to step up the game here... but it was all talk because our last chapter activity was the last time Tulane played here in football (2018).

So I called Tulane Friday afternoon and asked about tickets and they are not selling tickets until they know how many player/coach pass list tickets are being claimed. They indicated that there's a chance there could be none left to the public and suggested that I buy tickets in the sections adjacent to our sections. However, this was a student worker following the script he'd been given.

I have no idea how many tickets the team will use. There's a good chance that it will be way more than normal because:
a) the magnitude of the game
b) last game of the year
c) holiday weekend, family off of work and school, easier to make travel plans
d) familes might want to spend Thanksgiving with their family member that is a player or coach

But at the same time, the game is on ABC so some might not make the trip.
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Unread post by Poseidon »

PeteRasche wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:46 am

I have no idea how many tickets the team will use. There's a good chance that it will be way more than normal because:
b) last game of the year
d) familes might want to spend Thanksgiving with their family member that is a player or coach

This is were a player/personnel staff position is key. Don't distract the players on the short week for the love of...
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by ml wave »

Poseidon wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:00 pm

b) last game of the year

This is were a player/personnel staff position is key. Don't distract the players on the short week for the love of...
It's a long week.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

I spoke with the GWC office this morning and they fully expect all tickets allocated to Tulane to be taken by player and coach pass list. So we should have a pretty solid group behind the bench keeping our team fired up.
Wavefan
Coach Level

Unread post by Wavefan »

Pete, take care of 1309 for me. He is making the trip solo. Wish I could come too.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Wavefan wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:37 pm Pete, take care of 1309 for me. He is making the trip solo. Wish I could come too.
Uhhhh... Well, I might be taking care of him by staying away... This area of the country is getting wrecked by flu... I was sick last week, then my son after me, then my daughter was in bad shape all weekend (missed school today and will tomorrow, apparently half her grade is out), and now the wife is starting to feel bad... We've already canceled Thanksgiving plans with the family (elderly and very cautious). And we all had flu shots...

Several school districts canceled all classes this week and gave kids longer Thanksgiving breaks because so many students, teachers, and subs are sick.

I still don't have tickets as of now because of the unexpected Tulane ticket situation above, but I'm now a near-game-time decision, especially since I'll likely be paying Stubhub prices. Not buying unless I'm sure people are able to go.
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Unread post by wavedom »

Hope you and your family all feel better soon.
We deserve so much better
BC Wave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by BC Wave »

I wish I could, but I’m having minor surgery tomorrow and will be bandaged for eight days.
I went to K State and Houston this year.
Hopefully some of y’all can keep the good juju going!
Johnny4
Navigator Level

Unread post by Johnny4 »

Johnny4 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:29 am I will be there!

I suspect the game being on Thanksgiving weekend caused them to never even bother with a tailgate plan (too many required folks off work).
(They also probably never expected this game to be critical or maybe even winnable?)
I texted the local alumni chapter president a few weeks ago and he had heard nothing... but our chapter is so dead that I suspect they don't even know who our president is. I know when he hit up Tulane for some support for a bowl-watching party several years ago, the alumni house had no idea so many alumni even lived here and acted like they needed to step up the game here... but it was all talk because our last chapter activity was the last time Tulane played here in football (2018).

So I called Tulane Friday afternoon and asked about tickets and they are not selling tickets until they know how many player/coach pass list tickets are being claimed. They indicated that there's a chance there could be none left to the public and suggested that I buy tickets in the sections adjacent to our sections. However, this was a student worker following the script he'd been given.

b) last game of the year

The Tulane ticket office told me the same thing a few weeks ago. They strongly recommended I buy tickets through the Cincinnati ticket office because they were expecting high demand. I managed to grab the last ticket in section 105. The lower bowl is pretty much sold out now (a few odd single seats). There are still some $40 tickets at midfield in the upper deck, which should offer a pretty good view of the action. I hope you and the family are feeling better soon! All three of our boys have been on antibiotics in the past month. My 4-year-old is on his second go around. My 6-year-old was sniffling quite a bit yesterday, so he may end up with a second go around as well.
1309th WAVE
Regent's Circle

Unread post by 1309th WAVE »

I managed to get a ticket close to (but not in) the Tulane section earlier in the week. Wherever the tailgate is, I'll show up (semi) uninvited with a 6 pack of Pensacola Premium Lager and a never-say-die attitude. If that's worth the cost of admission. :mrgreen:

Dose some Vitamin C and Zinc so I can see you there, Pete
GreenHeart
Riptide Level

Unread post by GreenHeart »

Is it true that Yulman is constructing a stairway entrance to the playing field so that it will be safer for Tulane’s aging fan base when we storm the field after winning the AAC championship game?
randymc
President's Circle

Unread post by randymc »

no, just a big inflatable slide like they have on airplane escape hatches/doorways.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

1309th WAVE wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:06 am I managed to get a ticket close to (but not in) the Tulane section earlier in the week. Wherever the tailgate is, I'll show up (semi) uninvited with a 6 pack of Pensacola Premium Lager and a never-say-die attitude. If that's worth the cost of admission. :mrgreen:

Dose some Vitamin C and Zinc so I can see you there, Pete
Slidellwave, Mrs. Slidellwave, Junior Slidellwave, and I will be in section 104 (Tulane sections are 105 and 106).

The GWC guy I spoke with said to just "get there early and walk around and look for green and blue" because while there is no official Tulane tailgate (he did confirm this was due to logistics at Thanksgiving), with that many families present they will all absolutely organize something on their own.

Keep an eye out for me, I stand out in a crowd! 8)
Wavefan
Coach Level

Unread post by Wavefan »

Thanks Pete. He knows what you look like. The last time you saw him I believe he was a wee lad. I’m very jelly that I can’t join in person.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

1309, what section are you in?
1309th WAVE
Regent's Circle

Unread post by 1309th WAVE »

103. Just across from the away section. When I checked earlier today all but 2 tickets on our side were sold out
Private Joker
Coach Level

Unread post by Private Joker »

Fun to read all of this. Reminds me of the great trip to the Ohio State game in 2018. This time, though, the on-field results will be different
Marathon Wave
Regent's Circle

Unread post by Marathon Wave »

GreenHeart wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:39 am Is it true that Yulman is constructing a stairway entrance to the playing field so that it will be safer for Tulane’s aging fan base when we storm the field after winning the AAC championship game?
It'll be an escalator for the old folks.
MOVING ON UP!
The only thing even in this world is the number of hours in a day.
The difference between winning or losing is what you do with those hours.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Baywave1 »

I’m trying to remember last time Tulane stormed the field. I recall in 1979 or 1981 against LSU the field was literally and totally occupied BEFORE the game and some fans even started shaking the goalposts. It was surreal. Super dome security went nuts and that was end of that

Obviously field was stormed after 1973 by moi and my closest 15,000 BFFs. But can’t testify to any since post-game

Doesn’t matter if we don’t win tomorrow

1-0.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

One guy stormed the field when we beat Houston to clinch the 1998 CUSA title...but I've told that story here before (recently, in fact) :lol:

I remember after the Liberty Bowl, tons of fans crushed down to just above our bench to cheer the team from up close but we couldn't get on the field.

I have visions in my head of that happening Friday around 3 pm local time.... :mrgreen: