Anyone coming to Cincinnati?

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
User avatar
PeteRasche
Cornerstone
Posts: 28121
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Location: Cincinnati, OH

Anyone coming to Cincinnati?

Post by PeteRasche »

I figure very few out of towners because of being Thanksgiving Friday, but thought I'd ask.

There's been no word on a Tulane tailgate but I'm guessing that's for the same reason.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle
Posts: 6993
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Richmond, TX

Re: Anyone coming to Cincinnati?

Post by tjtlja »

I might try to talk Jeremy into it. Thanksgiving will be an issue. Wish it was a night game.
User avatar
QuarterbackU
Regent's Circle
Posts: 7886
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:50 am
Location: West

Re: Anyone coming to Cincinnati?

Post by QuarterbackU »

PeteRasche wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:06 pm I figure very few out of towners because of being Thanksgiving Friday, but thought I'd ask.

There's been no word on a Tulane tailgate but I'm guessing that's for the same reason.
Just found a Thanksgiving night flight.
Tulane Alum | T-Club Member | Season Ticket Holder
User avatar
PeteRasche
Cornerstone
Posts: 28121
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Location: Cincinnati, OH

Re: Anyone coming to Cincinnati?

Post by PeteRasche »

QuarterbackU wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:25 am
PeteRasche wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:06 pm I figure very few out of towners because of being Thanksgiving Friday, but thought I'd ask.

There's been no word on a Tulane tailgate but I'm guessing that's for the same reason.
Just found a Thanksgiving night flight.
If you are coming, PM me!
User avatar
Johnny4
Breaker Level
Posts: 469
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:13 pm
Location: Cincinnati, OH

Re: Anyone coming to Cincinnati?

Post by Johnny4 »

I will be there!

If anyone hears anything about a tailgate, let me know.
User avatar
PeteRasche
Cornerstone
Posts: 28121
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Location: Cincinnati, OH

Re: Anyone coming to Cincinnati?

Post by PeteRasche »

Johnny4 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:29 am I will be there!

If anyone hears anything about a tailgate, let me know.
I suspect the game being on Thanksgiving weekend caused them to never even bother with a tailgate plan (too many required folks off work).
(They also probably never expected this game to be critical or maybe even winnable?)
I texted the local alumni chapter president a few weeks ago and he had heard nothing... but our chapter is so dead that I suspect they don't even know who our president is. I know when he hit up Tulane for some support for a bowl-watching party several years ago, the alumni house had no idea so many alumni even lived here and acted like they needed to step up the game here... but it was all talk because our last chapter activity was the last time Tulane played here in football (2018).

So I called Tulane Friday afternoon and asked about tickets and they are not selling tickets until they know how many player/coach pass list tickets are being claimed. They indicated that there's a chance there could be none left to the public and suggested that I buy tickets in the sections adjacent to our sections. However, this was a student worker following the script he'd been given.

I have no idea how many tickets the team will use. There's a good chance that it will be way more than normal because:
a) the magnitude of the game
b) last game of the year
c) holiday weekend, family off of work and school, easier to make travel plans
d) familes might want to spend Thanksgiving with their family member that is a player or coach

But at the same time, the game is on ABC so some might not make the trip.
User avatar
Poseidon
President's Circle
Posts: 4537
Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 8:43 pm
Location: Baton Rouge

Re: Anyone coming to Cincinnati?

Post by Poseidon »

PeteRasche wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:46 am

I have no idea how many tickets the team will use. There's a good chance that it will be way more than normal because:
a) the magnitude of the game
b) last game of the year
c) holiday weekend, family off of work and school, easier to make travel plans
d) familes might want to spend Thanksgiving with their family member that is a player or coach

But at the same time, the game is on ABC so some might not make the trip.
This is were a player/personnel staff position is key. Don't distract the players on the short week for the love of...
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
ml wave
Emerald Circle
Posts: 12912
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:19 pm

Re: Anyone coming to Cincinnati?

Post by ml wave »

Poseidon wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:00 pm
PeteRasche wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:46 am

I have no idea how many tickets the team will use. There's a good chance that it will be way more than normal because:
a) the magnitude of the game
b) last game of the year
c) holiday weekend, family off of work and school, easier to make travel plans
d) familes might want to spend Thanksgiving with their family member that is a player or coach

But at the same time, the game is on ABC so some might not make the trip.
This is were a player/personnel staff position is key. Don't distract the players on the short week for the love of...
It's a long week.
User avatar
PeteRasche
Cornerstone
Posts: 28121
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Location: Cincinnati, OH

Re: Anyone coming to Cincinnati?

Post by PeteRasche »

I spoke with the GWC office this morning and they fully expect all tickets allocated to Tulane to be taken by player and coach pass list. So we should have a pretty solid group behind the bench keeping our team fired up.
Wavefan
Coach Level
Posts: 1709
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:18 am

Re: Anyone coming to Cincinnati?

Post by Wavefan »

Pete, take care of 1309 for me. He is making the trip solo. Wish I could come too.
User avatar
PeteRasche
Cornerstone
Posts: 28121
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Location: Cincinnati, OH

Re: Anyone coming to Cincinnati?

Post by PeteRasche »

Wavefan wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:37 pm Pete, take care of 1309 for me. He is making the trip solo. Wish I could come too.
Uhhhh... Well, I might be taking care of him by staying away... This area of the country is getting wrecked by flu... I was sick last week, then my son after me, then my daughter was in bad shape all weekend (missed school today and will tomorrow, apparently half her grade is out), and now the wife is starting to feel bad... We've already canceled Thanksgiving plans with the family (elderly and very cautious). And we all had flu shots...

Several school districts canceled all classes this week and gave kids longer Thanksgiving breaks because so many students, teachers, and subs are sick.

I still don't have tickets as of now because of the unexpected Tulane ticket situation above, but I'm now a near-game-time decision, especially since I'll likely be paying Stubhub prices. Not buying unless I'm sure people are able to go.
wavedom
President's Circle
Posts: 4471
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:22 pm

Re: Anyone coming to Cincinnati?

Post by wavedom »

Hope you and your family all feel better soon.
We deserve so much better
User avatar
BC Wave
Emerald Circle
Posts: 10544
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:57 pm
Location: Metairie

Re: Anyone coming to Cincinnati?

Post by BC Wave »

I wish I could, but I’m having minor surgery tomorrow and will be bandaged for eight days.
I went to K State and Houston this year.
Hopefully some of y’all can keep the good juju going!
User avatar
Johnny4
Breaker Level
Posts: 469
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:13 pm
Location: Cincinnati, OH

Re: Anyone coming to Cincinnati?

Post by Johnny4 »

PeteRasche wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:46 am
Johnny4 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:29 am I will be there!

If anyone hears anything about a tailgate, let me know.
I suspect the game being on Thanksgiving weekend caused them to never even bother with a tailgate plan (too many required folks off work).
(They also probably never expected this game to be critical or maybe even winnable?)
I texted the local alumni chapter president a few weeks ago and he had heard nothing... but our chapter is so dead that I suspect they don't even know who our president is. I know when he hit up Tulane for some support for a bowl-watching party several years ago, the alumni house had no idea so many alumni even lived here and acted like they needed to step up the game here... but it was all talk because our last chapter activity was the last time Tulane played here in football (2018).

So I called Tulane Friday afternoon and asked about tickets and they are not selling tickets until they know how many player/coach pass list tickets are being claimed. They indicated that there's a chance there could be none left to the public and suggested that I buy tickets in the sections adjacent to our sections. However, this was a student worker following the script he'd been given.

I have no idea how many tickets the team will use. There's a good chance that it will be way more than normal because:
a) the magnitude of the game
b) last game of the year
c) holiday weekend, family off of work and school, easier to make travel plans
d) familes might want to spend Thanksgiving with their family member that is a player or coach

But at the same time, the game is on ABC so some might not make the trip.

The Tulane ticket office told me the same thing a few weeks ago. They strongly recommended I buy tickets through the Cincinnati ticket office because they were expecting high demand. I managed to grab the last ticket in section 105. The lower bowl is pretty much sold out now (a few odd single seats). There are still some $40 tickets at midfield in the upper deck, which should offer a pretty good view of the action. I hope you and the family are feeling better soon! All three of our boys have been on antibiotics in the past month. My 4-year-old is on his second go around. My 6-year-old was sniffling quite a bit yesterday, so he may end up with a second go around as well.
User avatar
1309th WAVE
Regent's Circle
Posts: 9543
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:45 pm
Location: Into The Andyverse
Contact:

Re: Anyone coming to Cincinnati?

Post by 1309th WAVE »

I managed to get a ticket close to (but not in) the Tulane section earlier in the week. Wherever the tailgate is, I'll show up (semi) uninvited with a 6 pack of Pensacola Premium Lager and a never-say-die attitude. If that's worth the cost of admission. :mrgreen:

Dose some Vitamin C and Zinc so I can see you there, Pete
Image
GreenHeart
Riptide Level
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:20 am

Re: Anyone coming to Cincinnati?

Post by GreenHeart »

Is it true that Yulman is constructing a stairway entrance to the playing field so that it will be safer for Tulane’s aging fan base when we storm the field after winning the AAC championship game?
User avatar
randymc
President's Circle
Posts: 4351
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:42 pm
Location: New Orleans
Contact:

Re: Anyone coming to Cincinnati?

Post by randymc »

no, just a big inflatable slide like they have on airplane escape hatches/doorways.
User avatar
PeteRasche
Cornerstone
Posts: 28121
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Location: Cincinnati, OH

Re: Anyone coming to Cincinnati?

Post by PeteRasche »

1309th WAVE wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:06 am I managed to get a ticket close to (but not in) the Tulane section earlier in the week. Wherever the tailgate is, I'll show up (semi) uninvited with a 6 pack of Pensacola Premium Lager and a never-say-die attitude. If that's worth the cost of admission. :mrgreen:

Dose some Vitamin C and Zinc so I can see you there, Pete
Slidellwave, Mrs. Slidellwave, Junior Slidellwave, and I will be in section 104 (Tulane sections are 105 and 106).

The GWC guy I spoke with said to just "get there early and walk around and look for green and blue" because while there is no official Tulane tailgate (he did confirm this was due to logistics at Thanksgiving), with that many families present they will all absolutely organize something on their own.

Keep an eye out for me, I stand out in a crowd! 8)
Wavefan
Coach Level
Posts: 1709
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:18 am

Re: Anyone coming to Cincinnati?

Post by Wavefan »

Thanks Pete. He knows what you look like. The last time you saw him I believe he was a wee lad. I’m very jelly that I can’t join in person.
User avatar
PeteRasche
Cornerstone
Posts: 28121
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Location: Cincinnati, OH

Re: Anyone coming to Cincinnati?

Post by PeteRasche »

1309, what section are you in?
User avatar
1309th WAVE
Regent's Circle
Posts: 9543
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:45 pm
Location: Into The Andyverse
Contact:

Re: Anyone coming to Cincinnati?

Post by 1309th WAVE »

103. Just across from the away section. When I checked earlier today all but 2 tickets on our side were sold out
Image
User avatar
Private Joker
Navigator Level
Posts: 1464
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:50 pm
Location: Bainbridge Island USA

Re: Anyone coming to Cincinnati?

Post by Private Joker »

Fun to read all of this. Reminds me of the great trip to the Ohio State game in 2018. This time, though, the on-field results will be different
Marathon Wave
President's Circle
Posts: 3686
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Chattanooga area and part time in western NC

Re: Anyone coming to Cincinnati?

Post by Marathon Wave »

GreenHeart wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:39 am Is it true that Yulman is constructing a stairway entrance to the playing field so that it will be safer for Tulane’s aging fan base when we storm the field after winning the AAC championship game?
It'll be an escalator for the old folks.
MOVING ON UP!
The only thing even in this world is the number of hours in a day.
The difference between winning or losing is what you do with those hours.
Baywave1
Regent's Circle
Posts: 9882
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:48 am

Re: Anyone coming to Cincinnati?

Post by Baywave1 »

I’m trying to remember last time Tulane stormed the field. I recall in 1979 or 1981 against LSU the field was literally and totally occupied BEFORE the game and some fans even started shaking the goalposts. It was surreal. Super dome security went nuts and that was end of that

Obviously field was stormed after 1973 by moi and my closest 15,000 BFFs. But can’t testify to any since post-game

Doesn’t matter if we don’t win tomorrow

1-0.
User avatar
PeteRasche
Cornerstone
Posts: 28121
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Location: Cincinnati, OH

Re: Anyone coming to Cincinnati?

Post by PeteRasche »

One guy stormed the field when we beat Houston to clinch the 1998 CUSA title...but I've told that story here before (recently, in fact) :lol:

I remember after the Liberty Bowl, tons of fans crushed down to just above our bench to cheer the team from up close but we couldn't get on the field.

I have visions in my head of that happening Friday around 3 pm local time.... :mrgreen:
Post Reply