2024 Tulane Football Week 0 scheduling idea

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
nolasilver
Crest Level

2024 Tulane Football Week 0 scheduling idea

Post by nolasilver »

Just announced that Houston and LSU will open 2027 season by playing at NRG stadium. If LSU won’t play us, I think it’s time to invite some friends from texas in to play us in the Superdome. I’m not sure why we don’t use this to put a gun to LSU’s head to play us. If they play us great, if they don’t I’m not scared of any of the Texas P5 teams and those would be some fun games. I’m sure Texas, A&M, TCU etc would love to come and play us and have a great recruiting weekend.

https://espnpressroom.com/us/press-rele ... adium/amp/
Last edited by nolasilver on Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Re: Tulane Football Week 0 scheduling idea

Post by ml wave »

nolasilver wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:33 pm Just announced that Houston and LSU will open 2027 season by playing at NRG stadium. If LSU won’t play us, I think it’s time to invite some friends from texas in to play us in the Superdome. I’m not sure why we don’t use this to put a gun to LSU’s head to play us. If they play us great, if they don’t I’m not scared of any of the Texas P5 teams and those would be some fun games. I’m sure Texas, A&M, TCU etc would love to come and play us and have a great recruiting weekend.

https://espnpressroom.com/us/press-rele ... adium/amp/
Sounds good to me. Those neutral site games are usually dependent on TV so that's one more reason we'll need to stay at the top of the conference.
WaveProf
Emerald Circle

Re: Tulane Football Week 0 scheduling idea

Post by WaveProf »

I like this idea
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16