2022-23 College Football Coaching Carousel

Non-Tulane Sports Discussion
Anything that doesn't belong on the main YOGWF Sports forums e.g. Saints, Hornets, BC$, High School, etc.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Re: 2022-23 College Football Coaching Carousel

Unread post by Baywave1 »

This would really drive the PR machines if Deion goes to USF. No guess other than he has a Florida pedigree
long green
Cornerstone

Unread post by long green »

GJ Kinne is supposed to be headed to Texas State. Good for them. I think Kinne is counting on Sumrall, Hall, and Wommack (S.Al) all being out of the SBC when he starts his third year in San Marcos.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by ml wave »

Baywave1 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:36 pm AAC 2.0 May be weaker on paper but these new coaches must think it’s still best path for career advancement and/or restoration.
We've got the biggest budgets, and that usually wins out in the end.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by ml wave »

Baywave1 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:07 am Dilfer is an experiment. But he will generate lots of pub from curious journalists who might not normally pay attention to AAC much less UAB. So from league standpoint at least initially, it’s not a bad hire. If he doesn’t win then ibviously it’s a bad hire from UABs perspective.

Dilfer clearly knows football and high performance locker rooms. Can he recruit? Unlike say Deion, I doubt 2% of potential 18 year old recruits know he had a long and productive football playing career. So it’s an experiment
He runs (ran?) the Elite 11 camp so I think his name recognition is a lot higher than you think and he couldn't be more plugged in to the QB market (both HS and transfer).
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

We are in the same page. I said he’d get the pub.

The unknown is no college HC experience. I’m glad he is AAC. If he wins, it would not surprise me. I’m just not ready to bet it yet
long green
Cornerstone

Colorado hires Deion Sanders. Put me down for “it doesn’t work.” I don’t care what he does in recruiting.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tulaneoutlaw »

Usf hires Alex Golesh the OC from TN. I think they wanted Prime but this is a decent backup hire.
waverider
Cornerstone

Unread post by waverider »

tulaneoutlaw wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:50 am Usf hires Alex Golesh the OC from TN. I think they wanted Prime but this is a decent backup hire.
And on the same day, WR Jimmy Horn Jr announces his top 4 transfer destinations as Houston, Penn St, Colorado and Tex A&M.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
long green
Cornerstone

Jamey Chadwell is going to Liberty for a nice raise and a seven year deal. I’m guessing he had loads of out clauses. As for Golesh and USF, didn’t they just fire an OC who wasn’t really the OC?
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

waverider wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:00 am
tulaneoutlaw wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:50 am Usf hires Alex Golesh the OC from TN. I think they wanted Prime but this is a decent backup hire.
And on the same day, WR Jimmy Horn Jr announces his top 4 transfer destinations as Houston, Penn St, Colorado and Tex A&M.
I knew he would get big looks. Colorado with Prime looking interesting now. He built Jackson St on transfers more than hs recruiting
waverider
Cornerstone

Coastal Carolina has hired NC State OC.
Tulane Greenbackers

long green
Cornerstone

Beck is blah. Liberty might have hurt the whole Sun Belt.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Unread post by PeteRasche »

tulaneoutlaw wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:11 pm He built Jackson St on transfers more than hs recruiting
He also built Jackson State on getting 4- and 5-star recruits to play against FCS competition.
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

PeteRasche wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:33 pm
tulaneoutlaw wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:11 pm He built Jackson St on transfers more than hs recruiting
He also built Jackson State on getting 4- and 5-star recruits to play against FCS competition.
That's a bit of a misconception. He had his son, a 4 star qb and hunter a 5 star cb. After that he had a lot of guys transfer from fbs programs that struggled at that level but could physically dominate swac play. I get your point though. He will go as far as Colorados nil program takes him, unless he can assemble a really good supporting cast.
long green
Cornerstone

North Texas has fired Seth Littrell. I don’t know who knows this but Littrell had the Kansas State job a few years ago but kept farting around and didn’t finish the job. Then he started underwhelming in Denton after alienating them for a week. They were bowl eligible this year so I hope for NT and the AAC’s sake they’ve got someone in mind.
waverider
Cornerstone

North Texas wasn’t just bowl eligible but lost in the conference championship game.
Tulane Greenbackers

long green
Cornerstone

tulaneoutlaw wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:14 pm
PeteRasche wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:33 pm
That's a bit of a misconception. He had his son, a 4 star qb and hunter a 5 star cb. After that he had a lot of guys transfer from fbs programs that struggled at that level but could physically dominate swac play. I get your point though. He will go as far as Colorados nil program takes him, unless he can assemble a really good supporting cast.
Deion could do a lot worse than to give Phillip Montgomery a shot as his OC.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Just curious. Why is Patterson not in the general chatter? Is he happy just cashing TCU checks?
long green
Cornerstone

He’s been in the chatter, just not beyond that point. Now he’s in the chatter at UNLV.
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Unread post by OGSB »

Deion Sanders basically tells Colorado football players to check out the portal:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb ... ed4b885ef6
Victory is never permanent
long green
Cornerstone

It’s more like a “my way or the highway” challenge.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

long green wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:20 am It’s more like a “my way or the highway” challenge.
It's also his ego saying "if you can't meet my high expectations, I can find someone better than you."

Whether he actually can... TBD.
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Since I don't see it here, Satterfield to Cinci. That's an interesting move. He'd worn out his welcome at Louisville a couple years ago but kept winning enough to not get fired. Cinci is something of a lateral move, but I think UL's NIL game is way ahead of Cinci's, so that's actually a downgrade. That's a decent job in the current ACC
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

tulaneoutlaw wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:08 pm Since I don't see it here, Satterfield to Cinci. That's an interesting move. He'd worn out his welcome at Louisville a couple years ago but kept winning enough to not get fired. Cinci is something of a lateral move, but I think UL's NIL game is way ahead of Cinci's, so that's actually a downgrade. That's a decent job in the current ACC
Sorry about that, it all started this morning when my UC coworkers walked in saying they were hearing Fritz to Cincy was almost done... I started that "scuttlebutt" thread, which within an hour turned into Satterfield. I asked the mods to move it from the main board and it ended up here as an unfortunate fork of this thread, where it actually belongs. So blame my coworkers... 8) Thanks for bringing it back to this one.
LawGreenie
Coach Level

Unread post by LawGreenie »

Makes sense for Satterfield, not so much for Cincinnati. I imagine the portal will get active there.