Fenway Bowl
Cincinnati 7 vs Louisville 24 F

New Mexico Bowl
SMU 23 vs BYU 24 F

Independence Bowl
Houston 23 vs ULL 16 F

First Responders Bowl (Tues. 12/27)
Memphis vs Utah St

Birmingham Bowl (Tues. 12/27) (could have saved travel costs and played in the Carolinas somewhere)
East Carolina vs Coastal Carolina

Military Bowl (Wed. 12/28)
UCF vs Duke
Last edited by waverider on Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:39 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Re: AAC Bowl Games

Unread post by tulaneoutlaw »

Those are all winnable games and several are should be wins. I'm most worried about cinci and ucf just deciding to not show up.
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Unread post by GretnaGrn »

tulaneoutlaw wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:49 am Those are all winnable games and several are should be wins. I'm most worried about cinci and ucf just deciding to not show up.
Which should be counted against the Big 12's bowl results.... :angel:
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Unread post by WaveProf »

tulaneoutlaw wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:49 am I'm most worried about cinci and ucf just deciding to not show up.
How very P5/B12 of them :coolshades:
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
long green
Cornerstone

Unread post by long green »

UAB wins the first bowl over Miami O. That’s one for the future conference. FAAC vs SBC in Bowl #2, UTSA vs Troy.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
waverider
Cornerstone

Unread post by waverider »

UTSA was stopped on 1st-4th and goal me now Troy running on them and eating clock. Trailing 18-12 with about 7 minutes left, I don’t know why UTSA didn’t take the points to make it a 3 point game. I’d like UTSA to win since they are coming in but having met Jon Sumrall several times I can’t help but pull for him.

Looks like Troy will hold on for the win 18-12 after trailing 12-0.
Tulane Greenbackers

long green
Cornerstone

waverider wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:21 pm UTSA was stopped on 1st-4th and goal me now Troy running on them and eating clock. Trailing 18-12 with about 7 minutes left, I don’t know why UTSA didn’t take the points to make it a 3 point game. I’d like UTSA to win since they are coming in but having met Jon Sumrall several times I can’t help but pull for him.

I get smiling on Jon Sumrall because he was here but if you exposed yourself to what Sun Belt fans say in social media you’d check that impulse. It’s like they all - including the newer teams- turned into ULL fans overnight.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Unread post by PeteRasche »

long green wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:39 pm
waverider wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:21 pm UTSA was stopped on 1st-4th and goal me now Troy running on them and eating clock. Trailing 18-12 with about 7 minutes left, I don’t know why UTSA didn’t take the points to make it a 3 point game. I’d like UTSA to win since they are coming in but having met Jon Sumrall several times I can’t help but pull for him.

I get smiling on Jon Sumrall because he was here but if you exposed yourself to what Sun Belt fans say in social media you’d check that impulse. It’s like they all - including the newer teams- turned into ULL fans overnight.
Prior to this year the current SBC would have a right to think themselves equal to Tulane. May we continue with this year's example of why they "ain't there yet".
waverider
Cornerstone

I have since seen it. They are self proclaimed G5 champions talking about how the world has seen the power of the SBC. FTW’s tweet saying “the world has seen” is a bold statement about a game played at 3pm on a work day.
Tulane Greenbackers

tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

waverider wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:46 pm

I have since seen it. They are self proclaimed G5 champions talking about how the world has seen the power of the SBC. FTW’s tweet saying “the world has seen” is a bold statement about a game played at 3pm on a work day.
They got 4 turnovers and played a team with a pretty suspect defense and managed 18 points...but yeah they are champions of the g5 :roll: . I do have great respect for Troy's defense though
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

They're champions of the portion of G5 that doesn't envision themselves in the same level as the AAC who has dominated the NY6 slot and arguably actually HAS been part of a P6 (other than the TV contract dollars). Good for them.

One random guy on Twitter arguing they're the top G5 does not a "movement" make. If we played USM tomorrow we'd beat them by 4 TDs. Minimum.
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Unread post by OGSB »

PeteRasche wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:45 pm They're champions of the portion of G5 that doesn't envision themselves in the same level as the AAC who has dominated the NY6 slot and arguably actually HAS been part of a P6 (other than the TV contract dollars). Good for them.

One random guy on Twitter arguing they're the top G5 does not a "movement" make. If we played USM tomorrow we'd beat them by 4 TDs. Minimum.
Speaking of USM, they play future AAC member Rice today (Saturday 12/17) in the Lending Tree Bowl. Rice snuck in with a 5-7 record.
Victory is never permanent
waverider
Cornerstone

PeteRasche wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:45 pm They're champions of the portion of G5 that doesn't envision themselves in the same level as the AAC who has dominated the NY6 slot and arguably actually HAS been part of a P6 (other than the TV contract dollars). Good for them.

I thought the same thing Pete and wanted to reply that it’s nice they recognize the AAC as P6. One reply did say that once Tulane gets blown out by USC, Troy will be the highest ranked G5.

I don’t think that happens even if we were to lose.
Tulane Greenbackers

waverider
Cornerstone

Can we count Cincinnati’s loss as a Big12 loss?!!
Tulane Greenbackers

PeteRasche
Cornerstone

waverider wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:49 am

I thought the same thing Pete and wanted to reply that it’s nice they recognize the AAC as P6. One reply did say that once Tulane gets blown out by USC, Troy will be the highest ranked G5.

I don’t think that happens even if we were to lose.
Absolutely not. Tulane at #14 losing to a Top 10 team that almost made the CFP (whether deserving or not, that's what the voters will see) would not drop us below a team that was 9 spots behind us at #23 and beat #22 by 6 points.
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Unread post by OGSB »

waverider wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:25 pm Can we count Cincinnati’s loss as a Big12 loss?!!
The annual AAC bowl collapse has begun. Cincinnati had a total of 127 yards of offense.
long green
Cornerstone

You misspelled “Big 12 bowl collapse.” Not our circus, not our monkeys.
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Unread post by OGSB »

At least we get the paycheck.
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Rice loses 38-24 to usm. No surprise really but another new aac team bowl loss
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Unread post by OGSB »

tulaneoutlaw wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:09 pm Rice loses 38-24 to usm. No surprise really but another new aac team bowl loss
I was pulling for Rice for no other reason than the novelty of both teams leaving a bowl game with a losing record.
waverider
Cornerstone

SMU 2 pt try with 8 seconds left is a Mordecai keeper that was no good
Tulane Greenbackers

waverider
Cornerstone

OGSB wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:48 pm
tulaneoutlaw wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:09 pm Rice loses 38-24 to usm. No surprise really but another new aac team bowl loss
I was pulling for Rice for no other reason than the novelty of both teams leaving a bowl game with a losing record.
I wanted Rice to win just because they are joining the conference.
Tulane Greenbackers

OGSB
Emerald Circle

Unread post by OGSB »

waverider wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:55 pm
OGSB wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:48 pm
I wanted Rice to win just because they are joining the conference.
That should have been my reason but no. :lol:
Coach Level

Unread post by 1401973 »

waverider wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:54 pm SMU 2 pt try with 8 seconds left is a Mordecai keeper that was no good
Strange call by the refs in that game. SMU WR catches a pass. Not reviewed. SMU runs the ball on the next play. After the play the refs stop play and review the play before...and don't overturn the ruling. The announcers were perplexed that this happened - and then they blew the review.
Brock Osweiler has become one of my faves as a color analyst. He routinely calls out coaches (as he did re ECU in our game) and refs.
Coach Level

Unread post by 1401973 »

Rice a turnover machine and a really bad tackling team. Not a good combo.